Liquidity Improves for Largest Junk Issuers
- High-yield ETFs pose volatility and pricing de-link risks, warns Fitch. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;4/10/2012, p16
The article reports on Fitch Ratings Ltd. according to which the use of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to track high-yield bonds could add to market volatility and de-link bond pricing from credit fundamentals. The rating agency states though high-yield bond ETFs have benefits like improved...
- Moody's Downgrades Wayne County, Mich., Three Notches to Junk. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;2/09/2015, p12
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to eliminate its investment-grade rating and the decision of Fitch Ratings to give negative junk-bond ratings to Wayne County, Michigan after officials warned the county could run out of cash by June 2015 and be in a negative...
- HY Primary Market Sees No Summer Slump. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/13/2012, p24
The article reports on the strong performance of the high yield bond market as evidenced by the fact that issuers priced approximately 18.2 billion U.S. dollars in high yield bonds as of August 2012, according to Fitch Ratings.
- HY Increases Share of EMEA Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/26/2013, p14
The article focuses on the statement from Fitch Ratings that junk bonds are emerging as the bigger part of the new issue market in Europe, Middle East and Africa and is on the to beat their U.S. counterparts on returns.
- Fitch: Issuers Can Wait Out Market Disruption. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;8/15/2011, p15
The article reports that Fitch Ratings believes that most high yield bonds and leveraged loans issuers are in a position to undergo a period of temporary market uncertainty, and in the case of a longer disruption period, most leveraged U.S. companies are expected to be able to hold their ratings.
- MISSOURI: Transport District Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33842, p5
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has upgraded its rating on the junk bond of Missouri's Chesterfield Valley Transportation Development District sales tax bonds.
- European HY to Stay Strong in 2014. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/23/2013, p26
The article reports that Fitch Ratings forecasts that European high yield bond new issuance will continue to be strong in 2014.
- Loans Could Throw Monkey Wrench Into Recovery. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;5/14/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p4
The article discusses the results of a study conducted by Fitch Ratings Inc. concerning the implications of loans among companies towards the U.S. market. According to the study, the predominace of loans within the speculative-grade market has brought changes in the inequality between leveraged...
- Fitch: Downgrades Decline from 2009. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p8
The article focuses on a Fitch Ratings report, which claimed that the number of investment grade issuers which may be downgraded to junk status went down in 2010 compared with 2009.