Loehmann's Strikes Agreement with Creditors
- Loehmann's Strikes Agreement with Creditors. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/20/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p11
The article reports on the agreement between Loehmann's Capital and its creditors for the former's restructuring plan.
- Loehmann's In Bankruptcy Exit Deal. Steigrad, Alexandra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 126, p2
The article reports on the statement from retailer Loehmann's Capital Corp. that it is expecting to exit Chapter 11 bankruptcy on or before February 18, 2011. It states that under its agreement with unsecured creditors, the creditors will get two million dollars in cash. It mentions that...
- Loehmann's Exploring Chapter 11. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;11/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on a prepackaged reorganization through bankruptcy being considered by Loehmann's Capital Corp., after defaulting on three bonds and a loan.
- PERSONAL INSOLVENCY. DELEANU, Diana // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;2015, p225
In 2014 a draft bill on personal insolvency reached public debate, stirring controversy in both financial and academic environment. The current paper aims at analyzing the merits and weak points of the draft bill.
- Debt of latitude. Segal, Nick // Lawyer;1/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p32
The author reflects on the impact of the U.S. bankruptcy practice on Great Britain and European financial restructurings. The author inferred that the schemes for financially distressed debtors is one aspect of the restructuring law in Europe where there is an increasing pressure to adopt the...
- After creditors agree, judge confirms Station reorganization plan. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 36, pP12
The article reports on the federal bankruptcy judge's confirmation of Station Casinos' reorganization plan, after 90 percent of its secured and unsecured creditors agreed.
- Determinants of the Choice of Formal Bankruptcy Procedure: An International Comparison of Reorganization and Liquidation. Wang, Chien-An // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p4
Application of a logit regression model to 555 bankruptcy filings from 30 countries from 1993 to 2009 provides insight into the factors that determined the outcomes of two formal bankruptcy resolution procedures, reorganization, and liquidation. The evidence shows that the judicial efficiency of...
- Footstar Emerges From Bankruptcy. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;2/13/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p2
This article reports on the emergence of Footstar from bankruptcy in the U.S. as of February 2006. After nearly two years in bankruptcy, Footstar has emerged from Chapter 11. The reorganization plan of the company was confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in late January 2006 and went into...
- Less than 20% for Enron Creditors. // American Banker;7/14/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 133, p10
States that Enron Corp. agreed to pay some creditors one-fifth of what they are owed, in an effort to get out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York City. Discussion of the reorganization plan in which unsecured creditors should get 70% of their payments in cash; Background on the...