A&P in Ch. 11: Financial Shelves Are Bare
- Ye Olde A&P Files for Chapter 11 Protection. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p5
The article reports that supermarket chain Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P) has filed for Chapter 11 protection on December 12, 2010. It notes that A&P is the oldest grocery retailer and operator of 395 stores in the U.S. with 41,000 employees which listed 2,5 billion dollars in assets and...
- A&P marks down price for White Plains store. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p9
Reports that supermarket firm Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. has lowered its asking price for its closed store in downtown White Plains, New York. Price of the facility; Reason for the closure of the store; Financial performance of the firm; Number of stores.
- A&P: Bankruptcy, sale speculation 'inaccurate'. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;7/15/2015, p2
This article discusses speculation about the bankruptcy and sale of U.S. supermarket and liquor store chain A&P, the company's statement to answer such speculation, and the strategic review A&P is conducting to raise new capital from investors and consider new business partner relationships.
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT. ELSTEIN, AARON // Crain's New York Business;11/16/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p0018
The article profiles the supermarket and liquor store company Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P). Topics covered include the company's attempt to liquidate its supermarket chains like Pathmark and Waldbaum, the company's bankruptcy filing, and the commitment to modernize the stores. Also...
- A&P Emerges From Chapter 11. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/14/2012, p4
The article reports that the U.S.-based supermarket chain, the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P), has emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company has eliminated 75 stores and has restructured its cost structure and debt over the previous months. A total of 490 million U.S. dollars in...
- SUPERMARKETS. // Chain Store Age;Nov2000, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p20
Presents update on the supermarkets industry of the United States as of November 2000. Filing of Grand Union Co. for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Number of stores acquired by Piggly Wiggly Carolina Co. from Acme Markets; Amount of losses posted by A&P in the 2000 second quarter.
- Business as Usual? Dudlicek, Jim // Progressive Grocer (India Edition);Aug2015, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p10
In this article, the author discusses reflects on the business of the supermarkets. Topics discussed include bankruptcy of the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P), lack of principles that are important for customer loyalty in the modern era of retailing, and rating of A&P and its Waldbaum's...
- SUPERMARKET AISLE. // Drug Store News;12/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p6
This article presents developments related to supermarkets in the U.S. The crippling grocery strike in Southern California that involves 70,000 workers is intensifying and is showing no sign of coming to an end soon. Penn Traffic Co., which filed for bankruptcy in May, has asked the bankruptcy...
- A&P revamping miles of aisles. Kanter, Larry // Crain's New York Business;06/28/99, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the revamp of operations of Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. to catch up with its competitors. Closing of underperforming stores; Remodeling and converting small stores into superstores; Estimated cost of revamping; Marketing changes; Comparison with competitors' market share and...