- Modest Gains for Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the decline in revenue of Harlequin during the quarter of 2003. Factors that contributed to the decline; Operating profit of the publishing company.
- Earnings Rise 4% At Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the financial performance of book publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the year 2003. Operating profits of the company; Decline in the sales of Harlequin; Factors attributed to the decline in the sales of the company.
- Harlequin Has Strong Earnings Gain in 2nd Qtr. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the increase in revenue and profit of book publisher Harlequin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Sales of Harlequin's women fiction and North American segment; Amount of operating profit for the first six months of 2002.
- Harlequin Sales Fall While Unit Sales Creep Up. // Book Publishing Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Toronto, Ontario-based Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. The publishing company had its struggling second quarter across all enterprises. Factors were through distribution problems, moderate retail growth, and the U.S. dollar hedges and the unstable...
- Second try. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;4/26/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 17, p37
Reports that Harlequin Enterprises has joined forces with Alliance Communications Corp. in an arrangement to produce television films based on Harlequin books. Rights acquired by CBS for the first six; To be aired starting this summer; Overseas plans.
- Mixed results at Harlequin. // Publishers Weekly;8/18/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 34, p11
Reports second fiscal quarter 1997 earnings for Harlequin. Lower North American profits; Higher overseas earnings.
- Hearst Jumps Into E-Book Publishing With Cosmo Red Hot Reads. RAPHAEL, T. J. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p28
The article reports that Hearst Magazines Inc. is planning to go into the electronic book (e-book) publishing, which bears the "Cosmopolitan" logo. It mentions the magazine's partnership with publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd., in which the latter will print two e-book titles every month from...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 45, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry of the U.S. Katie Henderson has been appointed editor at Liveright & Co. Google Inc. has launched its eBook store in Canada in November 2011. Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. has reported rise in its revenue in the thrid quarter ended...
- Operating Margins Showed Improvement in 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the increase in the operating margins of several publishers in the U.S. in 2002. Harlequin; John Wiley & Sons; Scholastic; McGraw-Hill Education.