IN THE LOOP
- Appendix. // Chinese Economy;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p88
Describes the struggle of getting a book about the Chinese economy published. Completion of the manuscript at the end of August 1996; Major contributions of the book according to Shi Xiaomin, deputy secretary of the Chinese Economic System Reform Research Institute; Moral judgments and concerns...
- Spotlight on Learning Alternatives Books. // Paths of Learning;Autumn2003, Issue 18, p38
No abstract available.
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Challenged Books. // Gifted Child Today;Spring2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Presents a list of books commonly challenged with complaints and allegations. Title of the books; Date published; Name of author.
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...
- Evolving into Something. Potter, Christopher // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
Asserts that the element of surprise is the most stimulating aspects of publishing. Discussion on the publication of the book `Longitude,' by Dava Sobel; Its premise; Concerns over the tendency of publishers to underestimate the market.
- Textbook Publishing in Kenya Under a New Policy on School Textbook Procurement. Rotich, Daniel Chebutuk // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p60
This article will address the implications for textbook publishing in Kenya under a new policy on textbook procurement. The new policy was launched in September 1998. The main aim of the policy was to transform a largely government run publishing system by liberalising the textbook market...
- National Poetry Month. Newman, Leslea // Lambda Book Report;Apr98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p21
Presents advice to authors concerning the publishing of books of poetry. How to ensure the publishing of a book of poetry; Recommendation of an attitude adjustment; Identification of the publications `Poets ad Writers,' and `AWP Chronicle'; How poetry is sent out to publishers.
- Papers needed for privatization books. // American City & County;Jun95, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the solicitation of papers and books on privatization efforts in the United States to form part of Praeger Publishers' book series. Topics of interest; Contact information.