It Took 10 Years, But Agent Evans Finally Scores A Bestseller In Quincy Jones Bio
- Reviews. Glantz, Shelley // Book Report;May/Jun2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p56
Highlights the activities of the review staff of 'The Book Report' journal in the United States. Events conducted by the editor; Events planned for reviewers; Call for readers to attend the Reviewer Seminar in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Pulitzer Fiasco: 5 Overlooked Books. Lee, Stephan // Entertainment Weekly;5/4/2012, Issue 1205, p19
The article presents suggestions for the best fiction books of 2012 in response to the Pulitzer Prize board's announcement that there would be no Pulitzer award in the fiction category for the year. Suggestions include "The Submission," by Amy Waldman, "The Art of Fielding," by Chad Harbach, and...
- How to Write a Scholarly Book Review for Publication in a Peer-Reviewed Journal A Review of the Literature. Lee, Alexander D.; Green, Bad N.; Johnson, Claire D.; Nyquist, Julie // Journal of Chiropractic Education (Association of Chiropractic C;Spring2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p57
Purpose: To describe and discuss the processes used to write scholarly book reviews for publication in peer-reviewed journals and to provide a recommended strategy and book appraisal worksheet to use when conducting book reviews. Methods: A literature search of MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL, and the...
- Varia Livonica: Lietuvos Metrikos Viesï¿½?j? reikal? knygos Nr. 3(525) sandaros ypatumai. Ilariene, Inga // Lituanistica;Dec2008, Issue 76, p1
This article deals with the problem of the structure and composition of the Lithuanian Metrica Book of Public Affairs No. 3(525). The majority of the documents contained in this book have already been published, but up till now this book has not been thoroughly investigated in terms of its...
- Merck & Co., Inc.: Updated, expanded Merck Manual. // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Jul2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p38
The article evaluates the 18th edition of The Merck Manual from Merck & Co. Inc. and offers information on the topics discussed in the manual and its availability.
- Lambda Literary Awards accepting submissions. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;9/14/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p4
The article announces that Lambda Literary Foundation is accepting submissions for the 19th annual Lambda Literary Awards until December 1, 2006 in the U.S. Charles Flowers, foundation executive director, cites that submissions of book are restricted to authors and publishers only. The...
- CHILDREN'S BOOKS: 1953. // New Republic;12/7/53, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p17
Highlights recognition and purchase of books published for children in the year 1953. Explanations on depressing aspect of children's book in the year 1953; Issues related to evaluation of books; List of several books published in the year 1953.
- K-12 and College Publishers Look to Year Ahead For Bounce They Did Not Get in the First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;6/9/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the financial prospects of U.S. K-12 and college publishers for 2003. Direction provided by first quarter financial results; Importance of niche strength; Publishers' wariness about building textbook inventory in an uncertain market.
- More new titles launched in '91. Levin, G. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p42
Reports that despite a publishing industry recession that continued to worsen in 1991, at least 541 new magazines were launched last year, up five titles from the 536 initially reported for 1990. Final estimates from `Samir Husni's Guide to New COnsumer Magazines'; Considered the authority on...