How to Hire Best Auto Techs
- Ulster BOCES manufacturing technology program receives national certification. Kwiatoshi, Debbie // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p11
The Ulster BOCES Career & Technical Education Center is one of those places, offering a computer design and manufacturing technology program. Ulster BOCES is one of the few schools in the U.S. to offer a nationally accredited machinists program. Dominick Sfregola, director of the Ulster County,...
- TAKING CHARGE. DiMattina, Cara; Ferris, Lisa-Anne // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2013, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on changes in workplace trends and in the field of career and technical education (CTE). It states the efforts being made by employees in improving their job specific skills for their career growth and It refers job specific skills and employability skills for employee own...
- Editor's Note. Emeagwali, N. Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Myra Helphinstine and colleagues on Kentucky's strengthening its career and technical education programs and another by Gene Bottoms on an integrated curriculum and the challenges facing by the U.S. states,...
- more than fun. // Tech Directions;Nov2006, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p36
Several quizzes concerning technical education is presented.
- Sally's helpline. Drury, Sally // Horticulture Week;10/24/2008, p34
The article provides an answer to a question regarding bolstering ones professional qualifications without returning to full-time education.
- Seeking Advice. Purtymun, Brian; McCuistian, Richard // Motor Age;Aug2003, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p8
Presents a letter and its reply related to careers in automobile industry in the U.S. published in the August 2003 issue of the periodical 'Motor Age.' Automobile manufacturers that offers training programs in a technical college; Information on factors responsible for pay structures in...
- CRIN and share it: Instructors; network offers a multitude of benefits. // Automotive Body Repair News;Dec99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p14
Features the Collision Repair Instructors Network, a professional association sponsored by the I-CAR Education Foundation. Number of members in the United States; Strategies and objectives; Member benefits.
- Centered on Teacher Training. Rotman, Sumner; Messelaar, Thijs // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the move of the innovative Center for Technical Education in establishing a successful formula for teacher training in the U.S. Provision of a comprehensive course of study; Array of services and resources to help credentials leading to successful careers; Range of undergraduate level...
- LEADING EDGE. Bray, Janet B. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2008, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p6
The author reflects on the perception of the public that career and technical education (CTE) is status quo in the U.S. The author cites the claim that CTE only drives the education reform dialogue when others identify and implement the changes to CTE. The author believes that the failure to...