- the bottom line. Winstead, Lizz // Lifetime;Aug2004, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p136
Presents an article describing a bikini hair removal undergone by a woman. Procedure for the removal.
- Laser hair removal. // Health (Time Inc.);Jul2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on laser hair removal as an alternative to waxing and bleaching. The article describes the general process of laser hair removal, including the laser's effect on the skin, and reports that removing hair from the upper lip via laser hair removal may require three to 12 visits....
- Soft and Smooth and Sexy All Over. Lavinthal, Andrea // Cosmopolitan;Jun2009, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p188
The article discusses steps that women can take in order to make various parts of their body smooth. Body parts that are discussed in the article include arms, buttocks and stomach. Steps that women can take to have a smooth body are mentioned, including waxing, using a body wash with oil and...
- Your Get-Gorgeous SUMMER GUIDE! // People Style Watch;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p132
The article offers a guide for women to hair styling, skin care and sexy makeup for the summer 2010 season. It advises women to wear their hair up like a bun, a single braid or a braided accent and set it with a humidity-blocking hair spray so it lasts. Tips on makeup application to achieve...
- HEAD-TO-TOE BEAUTY TIPS FOR WOMEN. // Jet;1/16/2006, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p28
This article presents a series of beauty tips for women. The article discusses the removal of unwanted body hair above the lip, underneath the chin, on the legs and under arms. The article also recommends that women receive facials to remove dead skin cells. Also, the article recommends...
- The History of Bikini Waxing. Szuchman, Paula // Cosmopolitan;Summer/Fall2004 Special Style Issue, Vol. 237 Issue 2A, p90
You'd think that grooming the hair on your nether regions would be an intensely private endeavor. Nowadays, the Brazilian bikini wax, in which all of the pubic hair is stripped off, save for a small patch or strip in front is the de rigueur muff cut among young women. While no one tracks the...
- Barely Hair. Schatz, Elizabeth // Real Simple;Jun2003, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p95
This article presents tips on hair removal. It discusses shaving and waxing. Dermatologists and hair-removal experts have revealed the easiest and effective ways to smooth stubbly legs, neaten the bikini line, and clean up underarms. By using a sharp double or triple blade razor, like the...
- Afternoon Delight. Schlass, Danielle // Working Mother;Mar2002, p30
Offers beauty tips that can be done in 60 minutes or less. Teeth whitening; Laser hair removal; Microdermabrasion.
- [GOOD QUESTION]. Bender, Michele; Sullivan, Colleen; Hill, Brett // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the reason for the red marks that appear on the skin after waxing or tweezing eyebrows. Ways to prevent inflammation; Reason that oil-base moisturizers should not be used for 24 hours after waxing.