Budget Vote A Key Test
- Austerity Shaky Despite Budget Approval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the approval of the Lithuanian government's 2011 budget by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius. It says that its focus was to reform state-run firms and tackle smuggling to increase revenues on public sector pay cuts, pension reform, and tax hikes to reduce its deficit on...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the economic and political condition in Lithuania including the public disapproval gained by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the country's current account deficit, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s plan to acquire Sanitas AB.
- LITHUNIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article provides an overview of Lithuania's political and economic risk and business environment including the poll result for Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the slow economic recovery and the prevalence of risk to the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- DEFEAT THAT WAS TREATED FOR VICTORY: REASONS BEHIND THE GOOD PERFORMANCE OF A. KUBILIUS' GOVERNMENT PARTIES IN SEIMAS ELECTIONS. Jastramskis, Mažvydas // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p179
An abstract of the article "Defeat That Was Treated for Victory: Reasons Behind the Good Performance of A. Kubilius' Government Parties in Seimas Elections," by MaÅ¾vydas Jastramskis is presented.
- PREVENTION OF CORRUPTION IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT: IMPORTANCE OF GENERAL LEGAL PRINCIPLES. Krivinsh, Anatoly; Vilks, Andrejs // Jurisprudencija;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p235
The article "Prevention of corruption in public procurement: importance of general legal principles" examines the importance of general legal principles in the sphere of public purchases. The purpose of the work is to analyse the information on possible methods of prevention of and fight against...
- Benefit sharing: An incentive mechanism for social control of government expenditure. Bugarin, Mauricio; Vieira, Laercio // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p673
Abstract: The present paper analyzes the incentives individual members of society face to contribute to a nation''s efforts in controlling corruption. A Principal-Agent model is constructed, leading to the following results. First, although individual agents do have an interest in devoting a...
- PM Budget Tip. Newfarmer, Jerry // Public Management (00333611);May2009, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p17
No abstract available.
- Croatia's Score on Open Budget Index 2010. Badun, Marijana; Urban, Ivica // Institut za Javne Financije -- Press Releases;10/20/2010, Issue 26, p1
On October 19, the Washington-based International Budget Partnership (IBP) released its Open Budget Index 2010 for 94 countries, created on the basis of the 2009 data. The Croatia's score is 57 out of 100, less than in 2008 when it was 59. This shows that the government still provides the public...
- Policy-Making Models, Budgets and International Organizations. Hoole, Francis W.; Handley, David H.; Ostrom Jr., Charles W. // Journal of Politics;Aug79, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p923
Presents a study which specified alternative budgeting models and evaluated their ability to explain expenditures for international governmental organizations. Comparison between the policy-making models developed by Graham T. Allison and John D. Steinbruner; Examination of behavioral models;...