A STORY FOR ALL AGES
- Family Ties. Merritt Smigel, Lloyd // Pest Management Professional;Oct2011, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p85
The article discusses on how a family-owned pest management company can overcome the obstacles to the development and growth of business. It relates on the lack of updated computer systems, service manuals, and business plan in a small family business. It suggests that owners of small family...
- Die HÃ¤ngepartie bei Strenesse geht weiter. Spieler, Sabine // Textilwirtschaft;3/7/2013, Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the financial situation of German clothing manufacturer Strenesse AG, which is in bankruptcy reorganization proceedings. Conflicts between the existing leadership of the family-owned business, Gerd and Gabriele Strehle and their children, Luca and Clara, its creditors, and...
- Succeeding in Small Business. Applegate, Jane // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/30/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p13
Presents the strategies of successful family-owned business enterprises. Options for the founder of Accent Administrative Staffing to decrease conflict at the workplace with her children; Implementation of penalties for the violations of workplace policy.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Simpson, Wayne A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/14/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p10
Comments on succession planning for family-owned businesses. Statistics on business ownership; Challenges to the establishment of family-owned businesses; Major activities involved in the process of family business succession.
- Bridging Family Business and International Business Research: An Introduction. Hung-bin Ding // Multinational Business Review (St. Louis University);Spring2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, pV
The article discusses papers published within the issue including "Family Control, Underwriter Prestige, and IPO Underpricing: A Cross Country Analysis," by Kuntara Puthuanthongle and Thomas Walker, "Ownership Structure, Expatriate Policy and Regionalization: Evidence from Taiwan's Family...
- Good time to sell the family business. Buchholz, Barbara B. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p26
Discusses various pressures influencing the heads of family companies as they weigh their enterprises' future course. Cashing out; Aging population; Conflict avoidance; Other opportunities; Taxes.
- Visit How-To Program For Family-Owned Firms. O'Bee, Gerald J. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/18/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p29
Focuses on the business program for family-owned firms. Collaboration of The Right Place Program and Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce; List of foundation blocks for a successful firm; List of successful family-owned firms; Benefits of the program.
- Taking the long view. Robinson, Grant C. // CA Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p39
Discusses the need of family-owned business enterprises in Canada for long term plans. Conflicts and challenges faced by family businesses; Strategy of formulating a business plan; Significance of business planning.
- Transition Tensions in a Family Business. Edgette, Janet // Practical Horseman;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p25
Presents answers to an inquiry on family business. Factors to consider in business transition; Collaboration between family members to enhance business strategies; Importance of maintaining an open communication within the family.