AROUND THE INDUSTRY
- PPR TAKES CONTROL OF PUMA. T. J. R // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
The article announces that sporting goods company Puma is now part of PPR SA, a French conglomerate that also owns luxury brand Gucci. The article states that Puma will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary, and that the merger will improve Puma's acquisition strategy and bring high-end products...
- PPR makes official bid for Puma. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the official bid made by French retail and luxury goods company PPR to acquire Puma AG, through its subsidiary Sapardis. The acceptance period of the takeover bid ends on June 20, 2007 with the offer process anticipated to be completed in early July 2007. If the...
- Puma-Umbau lÃ¤sst Gewinn einbrechen. Hackenberg, Andrea; Damm, Janine // Textilwirtschaft;10/25/2012, Issue 43, p4
The article discusses the business plans of the sports equipment company Puma due to decreasing turnovers.
- AROUND THE INDUSTRY. // SGB;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p13
The article presents news briefs from the sporting goods industry. It is stated that Puma AG Rudolf Dassler Sport will merge into a new Sport & Lifestyle division of its parent company PPR and renamed as Puma SE after the annual shareholder meeting in 2011. Launch of Fremont, the first-running...
- Apparel Gains Fuel Puma in 2nd Qtr. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the financial performance of sporting goods company Puma AG for the second quarter which ended on June 30, 2003. Net income; Increase in sales; Strongest gains for apparel.
- Puma. Wilkinson, Raj // In-Store Marketing;Jan2003, p42
Critiques the interior design of a Puma sporting goods store in Great Britain. Frontage; Display of merchandise.
- The New Tretorn. Butler-Young, Sheena // FN: Footwear News;2/1/2016, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the purchase of Tretorn lifestyle brand from footwear brand Puma by Authentic Brands Group (ABG) and ABG's licensing deal with Marc Fisher Footwear. It mentions the efforts of both the firms to update the product, making a distribution strategy and digital strategy for...
- Agencies compete for Puma brief. Crawford, Anne-Marie // Campaign (UK);4/4/2003, Issue 14, p1
Reports that the sportswear apparel company Puma has been looking for advertising agencies in order to turn itself into a major sports lifestyle by the year 2006. Plans of the company to implement its strategy; Strategy of the company to use European Football Championship to be held in Portugal...
- SUSTAINABILITY: Puma promises tougher supplier audits. Woodard, Richard // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);5/15/2015, p7
The article discusses the annual reports of sporting goods manufacturer Puma and its future business strategies including regular supplier audits and efficient use of recycled products.