Cool as a cucumber
- Particleboard/MDF imports soar in '94. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep95, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the increase in imports of particleboard and MDF in 1994 as a result of increase in its demand by American woodworking manufacturers. Report of particleboard and MDF importation according to the National Particleboard Association's 1994 `International Trade Report.'
- Particleboard. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan96, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the different uses of particleboard. Classification of particleboard by the American National Standard for Particleboard; Formaldehyde emission limits; Uses of industrial grade particleboard; Use of particle board in most kitchen cabinets; Particleboard as an excellent material for...
- Natural durability and physical properties of particleboard composed of white cypress pine and... Evans, Philip D.; Creffield, James W. // Forest Products Journal;Jun97, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p87
Examines the resistance of particleboard containing different percentage of cypress pine heartwood and radiata pine to subterranean termites and basidiomycetes fungal attack. Comparison of the biological resistance of the boards with commercially manufactured particleboard containing...
- Growth of the particle board share of production of wood-based panels in industrialized countries Buongiorno, Joseph; Oliveira, Ronald A. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Jun1977, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p383
No abstract available.
- Strawboard: The dawn of a new era? Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Jan98, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the use of particleboard in the furniture industry. Benefits of the particleboard to furniture and cabinet manufacturers; Amount of particleboard and fiberboard consumed annually in the United States; Cost and maintenance of particleboard.
- For Particleboard ... It's Full Speed Ahead! // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p11
Reprints a 'Wood & Wood Products' article published in June 1959 concerning the prospects for the particleboard industry. Producers' response to demands from the market; Quality and types of products.
- Pick tons of cukes all summer long! Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
Features high-yielding cucumber varieties. Breakthroughs in cucumber breeding; Tips in growing; Variety names and their breeders; Precautions. INSETS: Cukes of the future!, by J.P.;Gynoecious? Monoecious? Parthenocarpic? Let's.., by J.P..
- Cucumbers under control. Ocone, Lynn // Sunset;Feb94, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p73
Describes various bush cucumbers. Includes `Bush Champion,' `Salad Bush' and `Bush Whooper'; Guidelines for cucumber planting.
- A cucumber primer. Di Vecchio, Jerry Anne // Sunset;Jul95, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p105
Provides information on cucumbers as food. Composition; Varieties; Salted cucumbers.