Hairy potter of design
- Production values. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p12
Profiles furniture designer Steve Armitage of Great Britain. Educational background; Time spent on kitchen design and freelance furniture; Career background.
- Buying Seats by the Gross. Selwitz, Robert // Export Today's Global Business;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Discusses the deals on buying airline seats and hotel rooms for companies willing to make a two-way commitment. Main fear on a clearly stated policy on special deals; Ways to enter negotiation for travel discounts; Remarks from Steve Armitage, vice president of sales for Hilton Hotels Corporation.
- More Insurance Meetings in 2004. // Insurance Conference Planner;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on the increase in the number of meetings conducted by insurance planners in 2003 according to a group of executives from Hilton Sales Worldwide. Statement issued by Steve Armitage, senior vice president of Hilton, regarding the increase in the insurance market in 2003;...
- Designer's choice. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p34
Discusses furniture designers' personal favorites among the selection of designs they have created throughout their careers. Ray Sobota; Steve Hodges; Laurel Clark; Bill de Blaay; O.B. Solie.
- New designers. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p2
Features the winners of the furniture section of the `New Designers,' an important show for young design talents in Great Britain. Themes; Presentation of the entries; Sponsors of the event; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- Furniture Fair reveals Spaniards prefer blond. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p5
Presents the Furniture Fair in Valencia. Features of the side tables; Focus on the trends in the living room design; Description of the leather upholstery and wooden dining chairs.
- Quintet vie for design prizes. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p3
Reports that five furniture designers will compete for the 2000 Oxo/Peugeot Design Awards.
- Talent spotting. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p14
Examines the product designs created by up-and-coming furniture designers who participated in the New Designers 99 show in Great Britain. Creative and lateral approach to designing furniture products; Range of materials and colors; Aesthetic and utilitarian value of the designs.
- Behind the designs. INGRAM, CINDE W. // Casual Living;Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p39
The article features profiles of designers of casual furniture in the U.S.