Promotion holds the key to successful marketing
- Getting the message across. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;7/1/2005, Issue 5445, p9
Comments on the figures of the advertising spending in the furniture industry. Comments of Stephen Cheliotis, Superbrands chairman, on furniture marketing and advertising; Lack of creativity in furniture advertising; Effectiveness of price conscious advertising.
- Creating a buzz... Rudd, Laurie // Casual Living;Jan2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the benefits of product promotions in today's furniture marketplace in the U.S. Libby Lechner, owner, The Patio Shop, says that promotions can be the most cost-effective use of their energies. The company takes advantage of their local connections as well as vendor...
- 'Misleading' furniture ad banned. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2011, Issue 5727, p12
The article reports on the move of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to order Homebase Inc. to discontinue its misleading furniture promotions after receiving complaints from B&Q.
- TRAINING DAY. Klara, Robert // Brandweek;12/8/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 43, p016
The article focuses on a guerrilla marketing campaign that was created by the home furnishings chain Ikea and was implemented between April 14 and May 8 of 2008. In the campaign, Ikea took over an entire train of the six mile Portoliner monorail in the Japanese city of Kobe and redecorated the...
- Strawberry Frog Work Stars Gay Dads for Ikea. Rountree, Kristen // Adweek Southeast Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p2
Focuses on the advertising campaign by Amsterdam agency Strawberry Frog for furniture manufacturer Ikea, featuring a child with 'two gay daddies.' Details on other advertisements produced on gay theme; Marketing efforts of Ikea; Marketing consultancy president Chris Colbert's opinion about...
- Bassett goes calypso for Trinidad launch. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p34
Focuses on Bassett Furniture Industries Inc.'s celebration of the retail launch of its Trinidad collection at one of its Bassett Furniture Direct (BFD) stores in Richmond, Virginia. Advertising blitz in the newspaper and on radio; Average sales per square foot at BFD stores.
- Smurfs promoting furniture. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/15/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the youth bedroom promotion of Imagine Advertising and Sony Pictures Animation called "Paint Your Town Blue This Summer," which is tied to the release of the film "The Smurfs 2."
- Tables are at home in every room. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;7/23/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p18
Focuses on strategies in selling occasional tables. Focus on merchandising; Provision of table options for customer selection; Use of point-of-sale brochures or finish swatches.
- Ikea courts buyers with offbeat ideas. Hall, Emma; Madden, Normandy // Advertising Age;4/12/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the approach being used by Ikea to market its products. Use of nontraditional media in the company's marketing strategy; Performance of the company's television and print advertisements; Information on some of advertising campaigns of Ikea.