Mail order firm settles with C-T in copying row
- Allders extends W&G into sofas. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p3
Reports on Allders' extension of the Waring & Gillow brand into upholstery and launching of its Custom Sofa Company format in England. Sofa features; Six variations of the sofa; Sofa prices.
- Sofa specialist ScS plans DRTV ad offensive. // Precision Marketing;3/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p6
Reports that sofa specialist ScS plans to develop its use of DRTV for its marketing campaigns as of March 2002. Total sales of ScS in 2001; Details of the DRTV campaign of ScS in December 2001; Update on the marketing strategy of ScS as of March 2002.
- Case calls time on unsafe sofas. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p4
The article focuses on the prosecution of the Furniture Store in Basilon after British Furniture Confederation sold unsafe sofas in Essex, England. In fact, the company has been ordered to pay up to Â£10,000 in fines and costs. Its chairman Martin Jourdan hoped that further prosecutions will...
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p39
The article announces that Lego-inspired sofas are already available in various colors. These sofas are designed for enthusiast to build in their living rooms. They are made from rubberized foam pieces, making the furniture completely flexible. They can also be rearranged to build anything...
- Maxdivani's agent for Italian style in Britain. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2007, Issue 5544, p4
The article reports developments on the Italian sofa manufacturer, Maxdivani. Maxdivani has appointed Matthew Kutas as its new agent for several regions in Great Britain, to reaffirmed the company's commitment in the country. Along with Kutas' appointment is the opening of a showroom in...
- Sofa-sleepers show signs of life. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the sofa-sleepers segment of the furniture industry in High Point, North Carolina. Sales of sleeper units; Details on the marketing of the product; Upgrades and enhancements on the furnishings to attract buyers.
- A case of balancing risk against opportunity. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2007, Issue 5556, p9
The author comments on the reliability of Argos about the issue on sofas which are linked to customer's skin irritation in Great Britain. He explains that the sofas are made by furniture manufacturer Linkwise in China. He claims that importing products from China is clearly a matter of weighing...
- Grand Manor debuts residential upholstery. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;10/17/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p147
The article reports on the introduction of a new line of upper-end residential upholstery called Grand Manor Reserve by the hospitality furniture manufacturer Grand Manor. It states that the line is a new division of the furniture manufacturer and is headed by Harold Clark. Moreover, the Grand...
- Motion, recliners stay on hot streak. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;12/27/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p37
The article presents an industry forecast on motion and recliners upholstery. It states that these upholstery categories performed relatively well in 2010 and believed to have the same in 2011. Jay Foscue of Klaussner said that motion upholstery is a furniture category that is holding its own....