Foam firm rises from ashes
- BP Amoco explosion results in 3 deaths. // Plastics News;3/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the casualties resulting from the explosion at a BP Amoco Polymers Inc. plant in Augusta, Georgia.
- NEWSCLIPS. // Plastics News;4/1/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p0003
The article presents U.S. plastics industry news briefs as of April 1, 2013. A truck driver was struck by a forklift and killed on March 22 at a New York facility of the company National Pipe and Plastics Inc. The stock shapes extruder Advanced Polymer Technologies LLC has relocated to a...
- 11 developers vie for tank plant. Mercer, Tenisha; Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;08/11/97, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the city of Detroit, in Michigan is evaluating proposals from 11 developers to recreate the Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant sites a massive, mixed-use real estate venture. Strategic location of the site; Comments from Mickey Blashfield, head of governmental relations for Centra Incorporated.
- 11 proposals for Warren tank site. Mercer, Tenisha; Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;08/11/97, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p36
Presents eleven proposals which were offered to City of Warren officials for the redevelopment of the historic Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant, as of July 30, 1997. Proposals include DeMattia Development Company and Talon Development Company, Centra Incorporated, Fremont Properties Incorporated,...
- Survey says one in four plants hit by disaster. Palko, Ed // Plant Engineering;May94, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a survey of 500 facilities management professionals by the American Institute of Plant Engineers which determined that one of four survey respondents indicated that their facilities had been stricken by a major disaster during the 1990s.
- Tank plant has enough firepower. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
Opinion. Comments on the efforts of the city of Warren, Michigan, to purchase title to the former Detroit Arsenal tank plant. When the city should purchase the title by; Question of the necessity of area to Warren; History of the tank plant.
- 100 workers poisoned by chemical in central Turkey. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/19/2016, p1
The article reports that about 100 workers were hospitalized on January 16, 2016 due to chemical poisoning at a hosiery factory in the Central Anatolian province of Ã‡ankÄ±rÄ±. in Turkey.
- Turkish workers hospitalized after chemical leak. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/19/2016, p1
The article reports that several workers in a sock factory in central Turkey were hospitalized following tetrahydrothiophene leak.
- Turkey: Blast in factory kills one. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;7/20/2015, p1
The article reports that one person was killed and another wounded in a blast at a nitrogen factory near the western Turkish province of Bursa.