What is Self Policing?
- Bridging the gap between the community and Sheriff's Office. BROWN, JOHNNY // Ellis County Press;2/11/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
The article focuses on a number of programs that the Ellis County Sheriff's Office makes available through its Crime Prevention Division, whose mission is to bridge the gap between the agency and the community it serve in Texas.
- Superhero or Superweirdo? Behrens, Janice // Scholastic Action;1/30/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p16
The article features Phoenix Jones, the leader of a superhero crew in Seattle, Washington, who has been fighting crime in the U.S.
- National Night Out is Oct. 7. // Wilson County News;8/13/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p7B
A photograph is presented of members of the La Vernia Police Department and the Greater La Vernia Chamber of Commerce inviting everyone of to participate in the National Night Out community-police awareness-raising event to be held on October 7, 2014 in neighborhoods across the U.S.
- Deportation Nation. Steigerwald, Lucy // Hit & Run;12/18/2011, p12
The article reports on the Alien Transfer Exit Program, which is aimed at breaking up human smuggling rings in the U.S.
- Best Practice Solution for Schools. Luce, Steve // Sheriff;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p32
The article presents an overview of the Safety School Flagship and Best Practice Solution created by the organization the Indiana Sheriffs' Association in collaboration with the Southwestern Consolidated School District and the Shelby County Sheriff's Office to protect schools from heinous crimes.
- Crime Stoppers Hands Out $ 1,650 in Rewards for Six Tips That Led to Arrests. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);4/26/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 17, p9A
The article reports on the 1,650 dollars reward authorized by Van Zandt County Crime Stoppers for six tips leading to the arrests of five local individuals who were wanted on several warrants including family violence, felony theft, and probation violation.
- PUNISHMENT AND CRIME: A CRITIQUE OF CURRENT FINDINGS CONCERNING THE PREVENTIVE EFFECTS OF PUNISHMENT. COOK, PHILIP J. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter1977, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p164
The article assesses the impact of punishment in preventing crime in the U.S. It claims that an increase in the threat of punishment can lead to a reduction in the occurrence of some crimes in certain circumstances yet its long-term preventive effect is yet to be determined. Empirical studies of...
- Smart on Crime. KLEIMAN, MARK A. R. // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Spring2013, Issue 28, p51
The article presents information on the issue of crime prevention that has been the most vulnerable issue for the democrats in the U.S. It informs that the root of criminal activity is inequality and injustice, and that only basic social reform can control it. It further informs that the...
- SMARTER ON CRIME. Mathis, Greg // Tennessee Tribune;4/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p4A
In this article the author is critical on the failure on the government to reduce crime rates and the control over the increasing prison population in the U.S. amidst the decade-long war and campaign against drugs and crime.