The Power of PoE
- Powerful New Development POE. Steele, Jeffrey // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p75
The article offers information on the term Power over Ethernet (PoE) and the standard IEEE802.3af. used by the security dealers and systems integrators in the security system industry of the U.S. It is reported that this is a new concept of providing power along with data in one line. According...
- Access control devices are migrating to IP and wireless technology. Chakravarty, Richa // Electronics Bazaar;May2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p68
The article offers information on the trends on access control devices. It discusses the advancements in the access control devices which turned to technologies including IP-based access control devices, multiple channels, and power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) technologies. It mentions factors to...
- A key to better security. Pires, Fernando // Casino Journal;May2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the effectiveness of key control and asset management systems to provide better gaming security and surveillance in the U.S. casino industry. It mentions the most advanced key management solutions that enable connectivity to access control wherein a system can be connected...
- Clarifying the Network. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p69
The article discusses the significance of understanding the basics when installing video, access control and other systems that utilize Ethernet for connectivity in the U.S. It provides detailed discussion concerning the critical decisions that must be include when selecting switches for a...
- Access Controlled with Wireless and Web System. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p90
The article reports that the Village of Hoffman Estates in Illinois is integrating and upgrading its access control technology to protect its water supply and other infrastructure. These include the ACS4000 web-enabled panels and readers installed at the village police station and the Brivo...
- Blazing new trails with Gigabit Ethernet. Wischhusen, Martin // Lightwave;Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the impact of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers' approval of Gigabit Ethernet standard P802.3z. Growth of Internet backbone data traffic; Applicability of technology in wide area networks; Factors at the component level contributing to Ethernet's rapid evolution.
- Getting ready for Gigabit Ethernet. Edwards, Morris // Communications News;Jun96, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the plan of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers 802.3 standards group to upgrade Ethernet technology to its next target speed of 1 Gb/s. Battle between Fast Ethernet and 100Vg-AnyLAN; Project prices range of the Gigabit Ethernet.
- Into the WAN: Ethernet gets a 10-gigabit upgrade. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Inc.'s High Speed Study Group's development of 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Acceleration of Ethernet's bandwidth capacity; Formation of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet Alliance; Questions over the presence of market demand for 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- IEEE gives go-ahead to P802.3bj. // Test & Measurement World;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the approval given by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) on the IEEE P802.3bj amendment on the 802.3 Ethernet standard.