One Door at a Time
- STANLEY Security Expands VAR Network. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2015, p95
The article reports on the move of the security systems provider Stanley Security Solutions Inc. to expand its network of value-added resellers to distribute its suite of EyeLock iris-based identity authentication products and technology solutions in the U.S.
- From Keys to Cards. Bennett, Mark S. // Buildings;Apr2010, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses the advantages of electronic access control systems over mechanical lock systems. It cites that among the major benefits of an electronic access control is it mitigates the use of keys. The components of a controlled access door are also cited, including a card reader, an...
- Door/Entry Systems. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University;Jun2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the recommendations of the National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities (NCEF) with regard to how school facilities' doors should be installed and equipped for effective building security. The NCEF checklist includes a key goal of securing exterior doors to prevent...
- Off to the Right STARTSS for Entryway Security Decisions. Schreiber, Greg; Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p100
The article discusses a decision methodology, called STARTSS, that aid in deciding the best entryway security product for an enterprise. It outlines the factors considered in the STARTSS process which are divided into two parts, the before installation phase and after installation. Security...
- Security At the Door. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2016, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p87
The article discusses the trends for access control and identification including wireless locksets, power over Ethernet (PoE), and integration of security lock and door hardware. Sales manager Bill Smoyer reveals that manufacturers are moving towards motorized locking technology. He adds that...
- Back door security meets life safety. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p81
Reports on two back door security systems. Ultra-Dog door device from Indiana-based Access Denied which provides up to 10,000 pounds of resistance; Arm-A-Dor door lock from Kentucky-based Sargent & Greenleaf which has two points of locking combined with one-motion egress; Multi-point locks from...
- Stanley Security Acquires SentryNet. Scally, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2016, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the acquisition of central monitoring service company SentryNet Inc. by security solutions provider Stanley Security Solutions Inc.
- IACLEA Continues Partnership & New Scholarships With Stanley Security. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2016, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p52
The article reports on the announcement of International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) of the commitment of security systems provider STANLEY Security to support its association programs in 2016, including new executive development scholarship opportunities.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p69
A quiz related to security locks and doors is presented.