A Little Song, a Little Dance, a Little Seltzer
- VOLUNTEERISM AND THE DECLINE OF VIOLENT CRIME. Friedman, Warren // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Summer98, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p1453
The article makes observation concerning the contribution made by community organizations to the decline of violent crime in the United States. The author advocates organized community as an effective anti-crime strategy. The author argues that ordinary people have also contributed directly as...
- Policing Terrorists in the Community. Aziz, Sahar F. // Harvard National Security Journal;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p147
Twelve years after the September 11th attacks, countering domestic terrorism remains a top priority for federal law enforcement agencies. Using a variety of reactive and preventive tactics, law enforcement seeks to stop terrorism before it occurs. Towards that end, community policing, developed...
- Donning Multiple Hats. STONE, ADAM // Emergency Management;Jan2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the multi-tasking efforts being done by police chiefs and other top police officers in the U.S. during emergencies. It cites as example the case of Shaun Mulholland, the chief of police at the town of Allenstown in New Hampshire who also serves as the deputy emergency...
- THE KARORI POLICE STATION, 1908-1959. Wood, Katherine M. // Stockade;Oct1985, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p2
The article offers a look at the condition of the Karori Police Station in New Zealand from 1908 to 1959. It describes the kind of policemen that the Karori Makara Board had. It also features the constables of Karori and their career background. It also provides information on the reorganization...
- Out with a bang. Warner, Jane // Bay Area Reporter;4/7/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p12
Offers information on the case reports of the San Francisco Patrol Special Police. Scene of the crime; Result of the investigation.
- Seattle fights violent crime and wins. Brune, Tom // Christian Science Monitor;8/13/96, Vol. 88 Issue 181, p4
No abstract available.
- Crime drop. Koehl, Carla; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;4/28/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 17, p8
Notes that the violent crime rate in New Orleans, Louisiana dropped 23 percent in the first quarter of 1997 compared with the same period in 1996. The drop attributed to crime-fighting techniques imported from New York City.
- Role-Based Policing: Restraining Police Conduct "Outside the Legitimate Investigative Sphere". Miller, Eric J. // California Law Review;May2006, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p617
Nothing we say today is to be taken as indicating approval of police conduct outside the legitimate investigative sphere. Under our decision, courts still retain their traditional responsibility to guard against police conduct which is over-bearing or harassing, or which trenches upon personal...
- Theorizing Community Policing. Fielding, Nigel G. // British Journal of Criminology;Winter2002, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p147
The article considers two of the most generally applied analytic perspectives in the field of police studies, in the context of their application to community policing. It is suggested that there has been a measure of convergence or, at least, constructive borrowing, between the approaches....