Shed the Superman Cape: Five Steps to Build Credibility
- Shedding the Superman Cape: Five Steps to Build Credibility. Benzel, David // Contract Management;Apr2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the concept of credibility among managers and how it impacts on their subordinates. The author said that managers appear as a superman to their employees like being perfect, flawless, impenetrable, unwavering, and invincible. He stated that managers acted as if they know...
- Know How To Say 'No' When You Disagree With Your Boss. // TeamWork;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p7
The article offers suggestions on how to refuse an assignment offered by one's boss while keeping the reputation intact.
- DIGGING. Lewis, James R.; Oliver, Evelyn // Dream Encyclopedia;2009, p272
An encyclopedia entry for the term "digging," in relation to a dream is presented. This kind of dream may signify a struggle to unearth an individual's reputation or integrity. It may also mean a quest for something lost or buried or an attempt to forget some unpleasant aspect of the past....
- Awakened Leaders. Marques, Joan // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the traits of efficient leaders. The author states that efficient leaders ensure that the objectives are aligned to the well being of the people involved. The author also mentions that these leaders believe that integrity goes with trustworthiness and honesty. The author...
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION FLOWS WITHIN THE SUPERIOR/SUBORDINATE RELATIONSHIP. Level Jr., Dale A.; Johnson, Lynn // Journal of Business Communication;Winter78, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p13
This paper examines distortion of information by subordinates and several variables related to distortion. Methodology and results are presented for distortion of upward information leadership roles and accuracy in downward communication. The evidence strongly suggests that certain activities of...
- Become an extraordinary leader. Edinger, Scott // Finweek;10/27/2011, p38
The article discusses how the leadership quality can be inculcated and preserved. It is mentioned that improving weaknesses is prerequisite to become a successful leader. One is advised to display greater honesty or integrity. It is stated that developing strengths requires a different approach...
- LEADER-MEMBER EXCHANGE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIOR: THE ROLES OF IDENTIFICATION WITH LEADER AND LEADER'S REPUTATION. JIAXIN HUANG; LIN WANG; JUN XIE // Social Behavior & Personality: an international journal;2014, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p1699
We used identification theory to develop a model of the processes linking leader-member exchange (LMX) to organizational citizenship behavior. Using a sample of 262 supervisor-subordinate dyads collected in China, we found that followers' identification with the leader mediated the influence of...
- What's your leadership style? // Communication Briefings;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
A quiz of leadership styles is presented.
- 11/27 - Final Release for This Issue. // Integral Leadership Review;Aug-Nov2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p202
People whom the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the journal "Integral Leadership Review" are mentioned