Temporary but Permanent Security Headache
- Untitled. Savvas, Antony // Computer Weekly;12/4/2007, p78
The article presents information about the Information Open Access survey of on data breach risks in the British firms. The survey was conducted over 100 temporary staff by Internet security firm Websense, it was revealed that 88% of them were able to access documents from the company network...
- Teamwork Helps Fight Computer, Internet Threats. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p28
Discusses challenges involving the protection of computers and information assets of business organizations. Protection of information in personal computers, throughout networks and on the Internet; Study showing the popularity of the password system; Use of cables and lockdowns to prevent...
- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME SECURITY. Arquette, Brett // eWeek;03/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p58
Calls on companies to buy each employee a personal firewall in order to protect the business from users who download documents to their home computers. Prevalence of home computer hacking attacks; Security risks posed by cable modems.
- Study: Executives Focused on Wrong Security Metrics, Analytics. Panettieri, Joe // Information-management.com;8/25/2015, p5
The article focuses on a research conducted by defense contractor Raytheon Co. and cybersecurity company Websense in which they analyzed that majority organizations are confident about their security strategies. It further discusses an instance showing demerits of using wrong security metrics...
- Security Managers Warned to Address Employees Flouting Rules. // International Journal of Micrographics & Optical Technology;2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p10
The article reports on the survey of (ISC)2 and Infosecurity Europe 2009 concerning the basics of policy management. The survey shows that the organisations become confident in their ability to comply with the policies and procedures for organisation security. It notes that education efforts are...
- Spending expected to rise for security, disaster recovery. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p17
Focuses on the attitude of companies towards security spending in the United States for 2002. Increase in technology purchase for network security, disaster recovery and software backup; Efforts of businesses to secure its data; Growth in sales for the information technology industry.
- Companies use variety of methods to ensure safety. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/23/98, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p21
Focuses on the variety of methods used by companies to ensure safety. Means for ensuring computer safety; Physical security of the facility; Workplace issues to address.
- Computer security for beginners: protect those passwords, invest in firewall and anti-virus technology. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/4/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p7
Stresses the importance, to businesses, of implementing basic computer security measures. Symantec Corp. executive Nat Maple's computer security advice; Protecting passwords; Installing firewalls. INSET: Glossary of computer security terms.
- Trickle of consumerisation may still turn into a flood. Bennett, Martha // Computer Weekly;11/8/2011, p8
In this article the author comments on the risks and challenges associated with consumerisation of companies in the U.S. The author mentions that the rise of consumerisation and personal device have associated headaches and challenges in terms of computer security. She states that preventive...