Minor Details Can Lead to Major Expenses
- Lobby Defense. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2007, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p44
The article focuses on the electronic visitor management systems of Easy Lobby software that identify status of company's visitors in U.S. It was informed that the systems is intended for the accessibility of visitors security platform to the security authorities for emergencies. The technology...
- LOCK DOWN YOUR PC. Spanbauer, Scott // PCWorld;Apr2004, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p103
Provides security measures for computer systems. Protection of the physical integrity of computers; Technique in preventing intruders to boot the system; Procedure in password-protection for the BIOS. INSET: Kill Viruses Before They Get You.
- The ID Advantage. McNichols, Shawn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2001, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p43
Discusses security benefits of company identifications (ID). Allowing workers to immediately identify unauthorized persons; General security of the facility; Integrating an employee ID as part of the company's access control system; Multi-purpose uses of employee photo ID.
- You Need How Many IDs? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p35
Reports on advances in identification card security technologies as of October 2001. Amount of badging considered as high volume; Market segments that have high-volume needs; Cost-effective solutions available to the end user.
- Preparation is Key to Avoiding Embarrassment. Ohlhausen, Peter E. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p67
Focuses on lessons that security directors might culled from so-called tiger team sweeps. Importance of being prepared; Increased attention to badges and other identification cards; Need for employees to speak up and challenge unescorted visitors; Routine activities of official security testers...
- Pilot ID System Begins Beta Testing. Beneson, Tom; Goyer, Robert // Flying;May2002, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the beta testing of a security system that uses biometrics embedded in an identification smart card at FlightSafety International's training academy in Vero Beach, Florida.
- REFUGEES PUT NEW FACE ON LIABILITY IN EUROPE. VEYSEY, SARAH // Business Insurance;9/14/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p0001
The article reports on the costs and risk management challenges brought by the humanitarian crisis of refugees that migrate to Europe. Topics mentioned include the effect to freight haulers and transporters, the spent cost on security measures by Groupe Eurotunnel S. E. in dealing with refugees,...
- Running the Risks. White, Leslie T. // Association Management;Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p56
Provides tips in risk management in any organization. Determination of risks that are the most important to insure against; Establishment of insurance goals; Relevance of not overlooking losses arising from employee theft.
- First Century Security. Danahy, Jack // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses issues related to security for business enterprises.