Keeping Fans Safe
- TO KNOW LIST 1: A feel-good story. Pompei, Dan // Sporting News;8/25/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 34, p4
This article discusses support for the appointment of Roger Goodell as the next commissioner of the National Football League (NFL). The article discusses Goodell's past, his views towards the game of football, and his experience in the business side of the sport. Also discussed are Goodell's...
- Why NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Must Go and Who Should Replace Him. Zirin, Dave // Progressive Populist;10/15/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p21
The author presents arguments on the replacement of Roger Goodell as commissioner of the National Football League (NFL), including his policy of suspending players as part of policing their personal conduct.
- Fourth and Long. // Newsweek Global;10/3/2014, Vol. 163 Issue 13, p10
A photograph is presented of Roger Goodell, the commissioner of the U.S. National Football League (NFL), addressing the media regarding how the NFL has reacted to allegations that players such as Ray Rice of the Ravens team from Baltimore, Maryland have committed spousal and child abuse.
- THE CASE FOR. BATTLE, CRAIG // Sportsnet;8/17/2015, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p11
The article criticizes the National Football League (NFL) commissioner Roger Goodell's decision to act as final say on both NFL suspensions and the appeals of those suspensions.
- Domestic violence experts added as NFL advisers. // South Florida Times;9/18/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p8A
The article reports on the memorandum issued by National Football League (NFL) Commissioner Roger Goodell in September 2014 which states that three domestic violence experts were added as NFL advisers such as Lisa Friel, Rita Smith, and Jane Randel.
- Fail Mary. Waldron, Nic // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/1/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p13
The author discusses the outrage expressed by football fans against National Football League (NFL) commissioner Roger Goodell and his administration following a controversial game known as Fail Mary, which involved the Packers team, in September 2012.
- THE SCORE. // Athletic Business;Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p11
The article offers information related to athletic events including the salary taken by commissioner Roger Goodell during the 2011 National Football League player's lockout, expenses of U.S. corporations in 2012 American sporting events, and the estimated percentage of unused corporate tickets.
- Toll of the Tape. Trotter, Jim // Sports Illustrated;12/6/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 21, p22
The author offers opinions on the National Football League (NFL), arguing that commissioner Roger Goodell acted too leniently in fining Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and the team $50,000 each for video recording an opponent's practice in violation of league rules.
- NFL Wish List: Teams In LA and London. Dockterman, Eliana // Time.com;10/26/2013, p1
The article reports that Roger Goodell, commissioner of the U.S. National Football League (NFL), wants to bring a football team to Los Angeles, California and expand the NFL into Europe in the future.