Is Green Golden?
- City of Hammond Moves to Cut Energy Usage. // Energy User News;Apr2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the city of Hammond, Indiana is working to reduce energy use, revitalize municipal facilities and lower operating costs. Details of restoration of city hall in the city; Information on energy conservation measures implemented in the city.
- Lead Certified Renovator Refresher Course. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;4/23/2013, p3
The article announces the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Renovation, Repair and Painting Final Rule (40 CFR 745) and a session of its certification course led by Bonnie Maurras of National Environmental Solutions Inc.
- Hearings to focus on waste plan to make recycling easier. DeWitt, David // Athens News;1/31/2013, p13
The article focuses on holding of public hearings by the Athens-Hocking Joint Solid Waste District of Ohio to discuss about possible materials recovery building and renovations to the existing facilities. It informs that a five-year plan was approved by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency...
- EPA mandate. HOWE, ALESHIA // Fort Worth Business Press;4/12/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p1
The article presents information on the Renovation Repair and Paint rule that has been implemented by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) beginning April 22, 2010.
- Agenda. // Planning (14672073);6/4/2010, Issue 1871, p4
A calendar of events related to planning in England in June 2010 is presented including "Historic Core Zone--The Solution to Traffic Management in a Historic Town?," "Road to Zero Carbon" and "Built Environment Conservation."
- Action Plans. PLOTNICK, MIKE // Architect;Jan2014, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the efforts of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) to produce action plans that will assist architects in the building of structures that will allow people to live more sustainably. Topics discussed include the importance of energy conservation in architecture, the...
- Restoration Applications for Blast Media. Bishop, Jeff // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;May2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p30
The article offers tips to restoration professionals on applying media blasting in removing smoke and microbial staining from various structural surfaces inside and outside buildings. They should first provide for worker safety by considering whether the area should be designated a confined...
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN HISTORIC HOMES. Cavallo, James; Marszalek, Chet // Home Energy;May/Jun2005, p33
Discusses the benefits of reducing the amount of energy used in historic homes. Application of the tools and methods of energy conservation in older homes in Quincy, a historic Illinois community along the Mississippi River; Factors to consider in performing home energy ratings on historic...
- Eco-Logical. Black, Hillary // Cottages & Bungalows;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the author's views on the restoration of bungalows in the U.S. She says that some individuals need education on how to restore their bungalows to compensate their investments. She notes that some people are enticed by the concept that the new is better which needs a lot of...