- Implications of Lower Interest Rates. Ali, Muhammad Imtiaz // Economic Review (05318955);Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the implications of lower interest rates for the economy of Pakistan. Goal of creating additional demand for credit and to make low-cost credit available to industries; Role of market forces on interest rates; Government fiscal policies affecting interest rates; Background on the...
- Fed rate cut drives prime to 8.75% at some banks. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;7/7/95, Vol. 160 Issue 129, p1
Reports that banks cut their prime rates on July 6, 1995 after the Federal Reserve cut interest rates for the first time in nearly three years. Banc One Corp. and BankAmerica Corp. as among the first to cut rates; Fed's cutting of its target rate for overnight loans of bank reserves; Increase...
- Are Prime Rate Changes Asymmetric? Dueker, Michael J. // Review (00149187);Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the asymmetric relation between prime rates and market interest rates in the United States. Reasons for the asymmetric behavior of prime rates; Use of a dynamic ordered probit model; Data and estimation results on the rate relationship.
- Prime rates, Federal Reserve signaling, and financial instability. Epstein, Gerald // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Summer90, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p618
Describes a simple model of prime rate setting process used by the United States Federal Reserve in times of financial instability. Illustration of the process for estimating discount rate setting; Results indicating that commercial banks did not coordinate their prime rates using the Federal...
- Key rates. // American Banker;9/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 188, p24
Presents a chart showing bank rates in the United States as of September 29, 1995. Federal funds; Prime rate; Eurodollars; Dealer commercial paper.
- BANK BASE RATES. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p56
Presents on the bank base rates in Great Britain, from February 2002 to January 1996.
- Interest rates. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/6/96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p34A
Presents information on bank interest rates in Indiana, as of May 2, 1996.
- Interest rate cut--expect only a token impact. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;06/22/2001, p17
Discusses the minimal effect of the cut in prime rate on the South African economy. Comparison with how the United States has brought its prime rate in the fourth quarter of 2000; Projected rate of increase in real gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001; Possibility of a further reduction in...
- Base line could move in spring. Anker, Guy // Money Marketing;3/16/2006, p12
The article reports that the monetary policy committee of the Bank of England has held base rate at 4.5% for eight consecutive months in Great Britain. According to Mehrdad Yousefi, head of intermediary mortgages at Alliance & Leicester, more transparent proof of the underlying strength of...