Adtranz: Restructuring based on seven product lines
- Supersaver return. // Professional Engineering;11/19/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p10
Features Adtranz's low-cost multiple-unit coaches and slam-door trains. Extension of a vehicle's life by 15 years via Adtranz's low-cost alternative coaches; Safety features provided by the vehicle.
- RAIL CAR GIANT BOMBARDIER TO GROW BIGGER WITH ACQUISITION. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/14/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p15
Reports the plan of Canadian railcar manufacturer, Bombardier Inc. to acquire its German competitor, Adtranz. Implications for the status of Bombardier in the transit industry; Details on the agreement with DaimlerChrysler Rail Systems; Account on the break-even performance of Adtranz;...
- Train order brings jobs. // Professional Engineering;03/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p13
Reports that Adtranz won the contract to supply new trains for the London Tilbury and Southend rail lines in England. Details of the contract.
- Adtranz wins Metro work. // Professional Engineering;02/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
Reports on Adtranz's receipt of a contract in the planned expansion of the Tye & Wear Metro railway in England. Scope of the contract.
- Adtranz takes lead for Nottingham tramway. // Professional Engineering;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
Reports that Adtranz of Derby, England will head the four-partner Arrow consortium which has been chosen as the preferred bidder for the construction of the Nottingham Express Transit in Nottingham, England.
- Adtranz cuts 90 signaling jobs. // Professional Engineering;11/04/98, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p11
Reports on reduction of jobs at its signalling business by the Britain-based railway systems manufacturer Adtranz Inc. Reason for the job cuts by the company; Low investment in railway signalling by the company.
- How European suppliers guarantee vehicle reliability. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Apr98, Vol. 199 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses how rail transit vehicle procurement is being done in Europe. Factors that rail transit agencies consider in the procurement process; Information on some of the contracts that has awarded to Adtranz; Recommendation on how a supplier can meet the life-cycle costs and...
- Adtranz takes train to Railtex. // Marketing Event;Jan1998, p8
Focuses on train manufacturer Adtranz's product launch stand at the 1997 Railtex International Exhibition in London, England. Culmination of three years' product development.
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/13/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p30
Reports that Adtranz and Yapi Merkezi submitted a low bid for an electrical and mechanical equipment contract in Istanbul, Turkey's metrorail. Names of ventures with returned bids; request for supplying optional offers; Proposal to use reserve cars.