When Managing Isn't Enough: Nine Ways to Develop the Leaders You Need
- Politics and managerial leadership. Brown, Tom // Management Review;Nov96, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p10
Describes what traits the public admire in business and political leaders. Vision; Campaign; Performance; Implications for managers. INSET: John P. Kotter on Leading Change..
- Executive Branding. Lam, Karen // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the influence of executive branding on business outcomes. Business reasons for leadership branding; Comparison between corporate brand and personal brand; Factors affecting branding.
- The Agencies of Leadership. Chambers, Harry E. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Defines six agencies of business leadership which determine the ability of managers to influence others and guide them into tomorrow. Communication; Participation; Preparation; Options; Closure; Celebration.
- So You Want To Know Your Leadership Style? Hersey, Paul; Blanchard, Kenneth H. // Training & Development Journal;Jun81, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p34
Discusses various methods of determining an executive's leadership style. Factors that influence an executive's leadership style; Difference between the self-perceived and the actual leadership style.
- A Survival Guide for Leaders. Heifetz, Ronald A.; Linsky, Marty // Business Credit;Mar2003, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p44
Provides leadership guidelines for executives and for people trying to lead change initiatives from positions of little or no formal organizational authority. Tactical advice about relating to organization and the people in it; Human needs and vulnerabilities to keep bringing oneself down. ...
- When leaders stumble. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;10/28/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p40
Comments on the work attitude of senior managers, both inside and outside the workplace. Discussion on how their attitude affects the employees; Information on the leadership trait of a manager.
- The things we can do to get through suffering. Crom, Michael // Budapest Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p20
Offers advice to executives on how to apply their leadership skills during difficult situations. Critical skill when faced with disaster; Keeping busy; Volunteering to help others.
- Directors: Can your executive leaders face off with a weak economy and win? Knighton, Tom // NACD Directorship;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the capacity of business leaders to navigate a company during turbulent economic times. Factors to be considered by leaders who want to enhance their credibility, build organizational momentum and move forward; Strategies to guide employee choices; Role of managerial coaching.
- COMMON TRAITS AMONG ELITE BUSINESS LEADERS. Waters, Sharon // njbiz;8/22/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses reports published within the issue including the lessons that can be learned from executives in New Jersey when it comes to business leadership and another about the leading companies in the state such as Wakefern Food.
- TOP-DOWN Technology. Schweitzer, Carole // Association Management;Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p45
Discusses several categories of executive behavior that are critical to the success of technology implementation. Strategic leadership; Contract negotiation; Involvement with the technology product.