Why This Media Marriage Works
- Merger fervour. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
Comments on the merger of America Online Inc. and media company Time-Warner in the United States. Stock market's reaction to the mega-merger; Investors' attitudes towards the merger; Stock prices of the two firms after the announcement of the merger; Assessment of content acquisition.
- World's biggest merger: One giant leap. Donegan, Michelle // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the impact of the merger of America Online and Time Warner on the world's telecommunications industries. Confirmation that convergence is a corporate trend; Stock valuation of the two firms; Benefits of the merger; Market concerns about the merger.
- M&A Ends the Year on a Cooler Note. Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Presents an overview of mergers and acquisitions in the United States in 2000. Purchase of Time Warner Inc. by America Online Inc.; Industries with a high level of merger activity in the early part of 2000; Value of merger deals in the telecommunications sector.
- AOL TIME WARNER RISING STARS. Block, Valerie; Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2001-7/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p3
Reports the consolidation and merger between America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc. in New York. Appointment of Steve Case as chairman and Gerald Levin as chief executive of the conglomerate; Recognition of Walter Isaacson as chairman of the CNN News Group; Expectation on the appointment of...
- Vision of digital future to emerge from crucial ruling. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 248, p4
Discusses the possible merger of America Online and Time Warner Inc. and what it could mean to the communications industry in the future.
- TW, AOL: all forest, very few trees. Mermigas, Diane; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Reports on Time Warner and America Online's (AOL) plan for an open-access agreement and a technical and operations trial to assure consumers choice following criticism over their merger. Plan for the merged company to demonstrate the unified vision of their management; Overview on the offer...
- Brave, new and whirled. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;01/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 3, p7
Comments on the merger of America Online (AOL) and Time Warner. Significance of the merger; Market capitalization of AOL; Difference of the merger from other telecommunication mergers.
- AOL Shakes Up Open Access. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;01/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the merger of Time Warner and America Online Inc. Estimated value of the stock-swap deal; Impact of the merger on the telecommunication industry; Criticism from open access proponents.
- This is not 1984. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;01/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on the lessons learned from the merger of America Online and Time Warner in 1999. Skepticism of the independent media group about the merger; Benefits of the deal for America Online; Business opportunity for digital subscriber line providers.
- Where New and Old Worlds Collide. Cooper, Ron // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/08/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on America Online Inc.'s acquisition of Time Warner Inc. Winning of the Overall Deal of the Year award from the periodical 'Investment Dealers' Digest' for the year 2000; Deal type; Deal size; Brokers of the deal.