The Business Benefits of Yoga
- Reduce stress to boost your mood. // South Asian Post;10/11/2012, p6
The article offers suggestions for reducing stress which includes listening of individual's favorite song, lighting of aromatherapy candles and practicing Yoga.
- Holiday Gifts that Can Reduce Stress. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;11/30/2016, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p17
The article offers tips on holiday gifts that can help reduce stress, which include yoga class, massage, and a meal-kit service.
- bust stress. Hall Carlson, Larissa // Yoga Journal;Mar2014, Issue 263, p53
Photographs of soothing yoga poses to get rid of all body tensions are presented, including the Matsyasana or fish pose, the Supta Virasana or reclining hero pose, and the Adho Mukha Svanasana or downward-facing dog pose.
- Visionary Tactics. King, Michael // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p28
The article illustrates several yoga exercises that help reduce eyestrain and tension. Yoga eye therapy reduces strain in fired ocular muscles through specific exercises and relaxation. Exercises discussed include palming, candle gazing, center gazing, shoulder gazing, defocus and up and down...
- Beginner's Yoga for Stress Relief. // Women's Fitness;Dec2013, Issue 121, p53
A review is presented of the DVD "Beginner's Yoga for Stress Relief."
- The Winter of our Content. SIBER, KATE; GROSSMAN, GAIL // Yoga Journal;Dec2014, Issue 270, p68
The article discusses the benefits of restorative yoga during winter. According to restorative yoga teacher Roger Cole, restorative yoga could allow people to recover from all the stress and strains of life by relaxing muscles, lowering the heart rate, and allowing the nervous systems to stop...
- PEACE ZONE. Hann, Joelle // Yoga Journal;Mar2013, Issue 254, p30
The article profiles a yoga studio in the West Bank called Farashe which was created in an effort to offer residents relief from the stresses associated with living in a civil war zone. A discussion of classes which are offered at the studio, which was founded in 2011 by Arab American yoga...
- The Real Reasons We Eat Too Much. Grumman, Rachel // Health (Time Inc.);Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p45
The article presents tips on how to control cravings for food. When craving for food, one must eat foods that reach for a combination of complex carbohydrates and protein. Another tip is to do yoga, meditation, deep-breathing exercise and muscle relaxation because they lessen stress, anxiety and...
- Yoga for Psychiatry and Mental Health: An Ancient Practice with Modern Relevance. Singh Khalsa, Sat Bir // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2013 Supplement, Vol. 55, pS334
The author reflects on the modern relevance of the physical and mental exercise called yoga. He chronicles the start of the scientific research to determine the psychophysiological benefits of yoga practice which indicate the reproducible effects of the practice such as stress reduction,...