What makes companies well-loved?
- Going concerns. Littlefield, David // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p51
Discusses why companies in England relocate. Implications of such move; Views on total quality management and business process re-engineering; Comments from some executives.
- Winning performance through business excellence. Oakland, John // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on the efforts of companies in Great Britain to achieve business excellence. Main categories of business excellence model; Results that have been achieved by companies adopting business excellence practices; Factors that contributed to the achievements; Traits shared by companies...
- Every Business Is a Growth Business. Charan, Ram; Tichy, Noel M. // Executive Excellence;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on business growth. Five points in dealing with business growth; Insights into the secret of creating and perpetuating a growth company; Dilemma confronting businesses who have no top-line growth prospects.
- Talk isn't cheap. Smith, Malcolm // Financial Management;Dec2000, p29
Discusses the importance of meetings in a company. Management tools adopted by business enterprises; Surveys on meetings in the United States and Great Britain; Initiatives in management accounting innovations.
- The new language of business. Handy, Charles // Director;Feb1999, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p50
Argues that the language of corporate property and ownership no longer works as well as it should in modern society. Insights from some business experts; Concepts that need to be changed; Components of the new language; Role of the corporate board.
- The workplace as a mirror of the community. James, David // BRW;06/01/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p75
Discusses why so many attempts to change a business organizations fail. Comments from Mark Hodierne of KPMG; Manager failing to think of the organizations as communities of people; Consequences of managers seeking to cut costs by changing corporate culture; Creation of a survival of the fittest...
- Financial Process Improvement Efforts Can Be Threatened by Talent Shortage. Frazier, Debbie // Orange County Business Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p35
The article focuses on the shortage of highly skilled workers in California which affect large and mid-size organizations in Southern California. Business process experts are hired by management to supplement their own staff or manage initiatives. Guidelines are presented to help produce a more...
- Public Companies. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2004-2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p131
Presents a list of public companies in Louisiana as of September 2004. Addresses of these firms; Net income earned; Identification of its principal business
- Knowledge Management in Multinational Corporations - Results of an Empirical Study. Welge, Martin K.; Holtbrügge, Dirk // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Oct2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p410
Presents an abstract of the article "Knowledge Management in Multinational Corporations - Results of an Empirical Study," by Martin K. Welge and Dirk HoltbrÂ¨gge. Importance of decentrally distributed knowledge; Types of knowledge transformation; Significance of the empirical results for...