HR plays a central role in ethics programs
- HR pros claim ETHICAL CONDUCT NOT VALUED. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p12
Highlights findings of a survey on corporate ethics in the U.S. Pressures that may lead human resources professionals to compromise corporate ethics; Causes of breaches in corporate ethics; Role of human resource professionals as a ethics resource in organizations. INSET: What influences...
- HR key to businesses' integrity. Doke, DeeDee // Recruiter;2/17/2010, p5
The article reports on the recommendation by Roger Steare, professor of organizational ethics and corporate philosopher in residence at the Cass Business School, City University, for human resource professionals to lead their organizations in building a culture of integrity in Great Britain.
- Ethics In New Zealand Organisations: An HR practitioner perspective. WORDSWORTH, RUSSELL // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
The article focuses on the ethics among organisations in New Zealand. It mentions the recognition of the country as one of the least corrupt, the apparent rise in fraudulent and unethical business practices observed in the private sector and findings of a survey on the views of human resources...
- Six new year's resolutions for HR. // Workforce;Jan1999, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p27
Recommends six New Year's resolutions for human resources (HR) personnel for better business.
- Yardstick. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p58
Focuses on the factors influencing the salary of employees from the personnel departments in Great Britain. Level of inflation; Rate of unemployment; Balance between the job gained and job lost.
- Reality check of your paycheck. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p8
Notes an increase in salaries for senior-level human resource department positions in 1996.
- How to have clout on Capitol Hill. Pantazis, Cynthia // Training & Development;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p51
Tells how human resource professionals can make their views known and influence lawmakers in the United States. Ways to inform Congress about the problems, issues and practical aspects of proposed legislation; Importance of information to any advocacy effort; Demonstrating the connection...
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PERSONNEL? Hayes, James L. // Industrial Management;Feb74, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Comments on the realities of the function of the personnel officer. Basic patterns for extensive welfare services, minimum wages and better working conditions; Way to make company presidents interested in the social and psychological need of the employees; Characterization of the personnel man.
- HRCI To Offer Global HR Certification In 2004. McConnell, Beth // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p115
Announces the global human resource certification offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute. Sponsors of the certification examination; Background on the institute; Trend in international certification.