Riding roughshod over reengineering
- Yankee Energy's Annual Reportâ€”It's a Good Thing. // American Gas;Apr98, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p4
Reports on Yankee Energy System's feature of homemaking guru Martha Stewart on the cover of its 1997 annual report. Yankee Gas' conversion that enabled the construction of two commercial-grade kitchens in Stewart's home studio.
- Consumer Awareness of Deregulation Remains Low, Survey Shows. // American Gas;Nov98, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p10
Highlights a study conducted by Yankee Energy System Incorporated which assessed the attitudes of consumers toward utility deregulation. Statistical information representing the survey; Information on ICR Survey Research Group company which conducted the survey.
- Northeast Utilities Completes Yankee Energy Acquisition. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p2
Reports that electric utility system Northeast Utilities has completed its takeover of Yankee Energy System, parent of Yankee Gas Services Co., a natural gas distribution company. Total value of the acquisition deal; Comments of Charles E. Gooley, president of Yankee Gas, on the benefits of the...
- Should personnel managers be more critical of BPR? Baillie, John // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p55
Offers a look at business process re-engineering (BPR). Impact of BPR on organization and its employees; Fundamental flaw of BPR; Examination of moral, ethical and philosophical basis of the BPR.
- Council workers to lose jobs after failing skills test. Littlefield, David // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p10
Provides information on council workers in Lambeth council in London losing their jobs after failing a skill test. Drive to improve management and administrative standards; Difficulty in reorganizing the council; Effect of the reorganization on the council's staff morale.
- Can reengineering do anything for you? Imberman, Woodruff // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p174
Focuses on reengineering. Importance of cooperation of both management and the entire work force for the success of such a venture; Pay-for-performance programs; Three elements for successful reengineering through gainsharing; Competitiveness in reengineering.
- Reengineering. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the management concept of reengineering. Application in the approval of customer credit at IBM Credit Corp.; Assumption which may have been valid once but had become impractical; Suggestion of ways to explore the value of reengineering.
- Reengineering: A fast track to nowhere? Jennings, Daniel F. // Baylor Business Review;Fall1996, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on management reengineering. Problems created by reengineering; Implications of reengineering.
- Has reengineering left you financially stronger? Longo, Susan C. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p69
Looks at the process of reengineering. Explanation of the process; Impact of reengineering; Lesson to be learnt from failures; Attitude towards change; What has to be done.