GM links better leaders to better business
- Personnel Research and the Training Function. Sterner, Frank M. // Training & Development Journal;Feb66, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
Describes the personnel research program launched by the Personnel Department of General Motors Corp. for hourly employees. Contributions of the training function; Concept of the Personnel achievement program.
- GM tweaks engineering staffs again. Child, Charles // Automotive News;6/26/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5611, p1
Reports on the manpower reorganization at General Motors Corp. Influence of Toyota Motor Corp.; Aim to conceive an automobile model quickly and produce it on schedule; Changes in organizational structure.
- Stay-at-homes torpedoed freebies at GM. Brown, Peter // Automotive News;9/2/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5676, p14
Opinion. Comments on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s policy that prohibits employees from accepting of meals or entertainment from suppliers. Details of the policy; Potential effects of the policy to GM's employees.
- Lordstown transfer sought. // Automotive News;5/23/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5552, p39
Reports on General Motors' (GM) downsizing at its Lordstown plant in Ohio by offering a $60,000 incentives to affected employees to transfer to other GM plants. Areas for possible relocation.
- TAKING the E-HR PLUNGE. Jossi, Frank // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p96
Focuses on the human resource programs of General Motors (GM) using the Internet. Advantages of developing an Internet portal for GM; Information services that GM provides; Details on the company's IT initiatives.
- GM picks brand manager for Europe. // Advertising Age;3/24/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p32
This article reports on General Motors Corp.'s appointment of five brand managers for its car lines in Europe as part of a move toward brand management, a business practice used by its North American operation beginning in 1995..
- Automaker supports diversity. Joisten, Jessica // Hispanic;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p66
Reports on the continuous commitment of General Motors (GM) Corp. to serve the Hispanic community and to increase the number of Hispanic employees within its corporation. Comment of Roderick Gillum, vice president for public policy, on diversity at GM; Basis of the firm's commitment to minority...
- GM runs off the road in Canada. Greenwald, John; Marchant, Valerie Johanna // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/21/96, Issue 43, p70
Reports on the labor troubles of General Motors (GM) in North America. The walkout by the Canadian Auto Workers union; The lack of vital parts in the United States factories; The contract negotiations with the United Auto Workers union.
- Threat to GM team after target missed. Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;1/19/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p9
The article reports that car maker General Motors Corp. (GM) has declined to comment on the issue involving its plan to restructure its senior purchasing team in Great Britain. According to a report, Bo Anderson is understood to be replacing several of his top commodity buying executives. GM...