Recruiting in the global village
- U.S. Businesses Adding New Employees in 2011. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p4
The article reports that more employees are sought by business enterprises in the U.S.
- Legal aid. Bahls, Jane Easter // Entrepreneur;Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p60
Discusses the value of retaining a competent lawyer to businesses. Consultation with legal advisors on corporate plans and transactions; Advice for shopping around for an attorney; Consideration of fees charged by lawyers and law firms.
- Latest Job Listings for Compliance, Risk Positions. // Compliance Week;Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 80, p73
The article lists several companies in the U.S. looking for compliance and risk positions, including Oracle Corp., Morgan Samuels Co., and LyondellBasell Industries NV.
- Untitled. // Agri Marketing;Apr96, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p76
Presents information on changes at various companies in the United States. Bryan Daniel's appointment as special project director of the National Council for Agricultural Education; Election of Burton Joyce as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Terra International Incorporated;...
- The Challenge: Recruiting Pro-Business Candidates. Pye, Cassandra W. // San Diego Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p51
Focuses on the challenges faced by companies in recruiting pro-business candidates in the 2000 elections in the United States. Commitment to time and energy in running an elective office; Employer-sponsored candidates.
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. Macintyre, John // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/6/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p7
Presents statistics on the U.S. business sector as of June 2005. Percentage of external hires from employees referrals and the Internet; Estimated value of baseball cards stored in a shoe box in 1957; Percentage of open positions in U.S. firms that were filled by internal transfers and...
- The Buzz. Infante, Victor D. // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p24
Presents updates on issues related to human resources management as of March 2001. How companies in the United States can avoid laying-off employees amid the slowing economy; Recruiting potential employees belonging to the Millennial generation; Usefulness of telecommuting.
- The Future of Hiring. Burton, Scott; Warner, Donna // Workforce;2002 HR Vendor Directory, Vol. 81, p74
This section presents a directory of companies that provide staffing and recruitment services to businesses in the U.S. in 2002. The results of a survey showed the top barriers to recruiting employees. Hiring is no longer a tactical process, carried out on a case-by-case basis. Strategic...
- Making the Right Offer, Keeping the Best People. Rosenfeld, Debra Kay; Ritter, Barbara // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the employee retention challenges faced by companies in rural areas in the United States. Features of employee recruiting in the 1980s and 1990s; Impact of downsizing and restructuring on workplace relationships; Employee compensation and benefits; Role of flexible work schedules in...