Information technology is boosting staffing
- Acceptance of new Technologies in HR: E-Recruitment in Organizations. Florea, Nicoleta Valentina; Badea, Mihaela // Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Manag;2013, p37
Technology can be used to enhance performance, quicken decision making, and provide cost saving. The Internet has changed everything. With Internet recruiting, a company can place notice of a vacancy on its website or list it with one of online job or career websites. The use of Internet and...
- Sacred Heart grad admissions open house tomorrow. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p16
Discusses a report from the Information Technology Association of America, which shows that education outweighed experience when hiring managers are making decisions regarding personnel. Selectiveness in filling open positions; Need for job candidates to continuously retool and leverage the...
- "What's the best question a candidate has ever asked you at an interview?". // Recruiter;Oct2013, p21
The article presents a question and answers related to the best question a job candidate has ever asked a human resource (HR) recruiting executive.
- Events. // Recruiter;Jul2012, p6
A calendar of events related to the recruitment sector in Great Britain from July 2012 to February 2013 is presented which include the Recruitment Society Summer Reception, the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP) Awards 2012, and the Smart Resourcing 2013.
- Bringing IT people on board. Stoller, Jacob // CMA Management;Apr2009, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p41
The article provides techniques in choosing the right candidate to fill in the information technology (IT) positions in companies. Mike Brooks, chief information officer (CIO) of Viterra, stresses the need of a cooperative efforts between the human resources (HR), the stockholders and the IT. It...
- GET THE BALANCE RIGHT. Runciman, Brian // ITNOW;Winter2015, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p14
An interview with Dan Hawes, Co-founder and Marketing Director of recruiters Graduate Recruitment Bureau, is presented. Hawes presents his views on skepticism as the problem of information technology (IT) recruitment agencies. He comments on the need for recruiters to remove any obstacles to...
- Good skill hunting. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p28
Presents possible sources of cheap information technology talent. Students; Teachers; Nontechnical workers.
- Metamorphosis. Mandell, Janette // Software Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p97
Focuses on the prerequisite skills needed to achieve job opportunities in areas of information technology (IT). Standard operating procedures of IT; Written communication as one of the weak spot of IT professionals; Tips on what to expect during interviews.
- IT service providers ready for boom time. Littlefield, David // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p8
Discusses employee recruitment in the information technology (IT) industry in Great Britain. Recruitment programs at Cap Gemini and International Business Machines Corp.; Rise in demand for IT expertise; Factors in the rapid industry expansion; Lucrative service contracts signed in 1997; Demand...