Are you noticing too many yawns?
- ABURRIRSE ES PELIGROSO. // IEEM Revista de Negocios;ago2015, p5
No abstract available.
- letters and e-mails. Baker, Roy; Ferguson, Andrew; Cullum, P. J.; Jordan, Bay // Professional Manager;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p41
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the July 2009 issue including "Beating boredom at work," "Counting cost of presenteeism," and one on boredom as a result of energetic imbalance.
- Contextualizing Emotional Exhaustion and Positive Emotional Display: The Signaling Effects of Supervisors' Emotional Exhaustion and Service Climate. Lam, Catherine K.; Xu Huang; Janssen, Onne // Journal of Applied Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p368
In this study, we investigated how supervisors' emotional exhaustion and service climate jointly influence the relationship between subordinates' emotional exhaustion and their display of positive emotions at work. Using data from frontline sales employees and their immediate supervisors in a...
- The true enemies of employees are boredom and mediocrity. Dauten, Dale // New Hampshire Business Review;05/18/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p12
Presents advice for an employee who is experiencing boredom in his work. Commendation of the employee's ability to learn humility without learning resignation; Suggested guidelines in order to prevent work burnout.
- El boreout: la enfermedad laboral del siglo XXI. // Capital Humano;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 230, p15
The article discusses "boreout," a situation in which apathy and tedium overwhelmingly describe an employee's experience at work.
- From `ho-hum' to more fun. Reed-Woodard, Marcia A.; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p68
Gives pieces of advice to employees on how to prevent boredom in their work. Effects of boredom to employees; Ways to enjoy office environments; Comments from Irene Stemler, president of Creating Spirit.
- NOTES FROM UNDERGROUND. Kuper, Dan // Prospect;Jan2005, Issue 106, p80
Presents a story regarding underground staff who gets old in the workplace in Great Britain. Ways to fight back boredom and loneliness in the workplace; Impact of the age on the worker's efficiency; Depiction of the underground working place on the real world.
- Survey: American employees not happy. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p4
Presents survey results on the intensity of employees' emotional connections to their jobs in Connecticut. Factors affecting corporate scandals; Faith of the workers in managers' abilities in judgment and decision-making; Expression of job-related boredom.
- Sleep-deprived workers can...zzzz. // Workforce;Jan1999, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p27
Offers suggestions on how employees can promote their alertness on the job. Cost of the effects of sleep loss on work performance; Average hours of sleep of an adult.