Encouraging Technological Literacy in the Richmond City Schools
- 'Crosswalk the Standards' for Successful Implementation of Standards for Technological Literacy Within the Elementary Classroom. Hill, Jane Cunningham // Technology & Children;Sep2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Evaluates the 'Standards for Technological Literacy: Content for the Study of Technology' guide. Importance of teaching technological literacy skills; Implementation of standards-based lesson in the elementary schools; Integration of content for the study of technology.
- How My Elementary Class Improved. Berry, Bonnie; Detamore, Janis // Technology & Children;Dec2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
This article focuses on the use of Standards for Technological Literacy (STL) in the elementary classroom. Many students enter kindergarten with the attitude that there is only one answer for each question. Standardized assessments that do not require critical thinking validate such a mindset....
- Transforming classroom instruction with personal and technological literacies: The WebQuest connection. Ikpeze, Chinwe H. // New England Reading Association Journal;2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p31
The article describes how a fifth-grade teacher integrated WebQuest, an inquiry learning activity, with his students' personal literacies and fostered a culturally responsive teaching. His interest in integrating technological literacies is said to inspire him to provide his classroom with...
- Elementary Science. // Education Digest;Nov1986, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p64
This article focuses on the conclusions drawn in a recently held conference for echoing all the recent concern over elementary education and technological literacy. The conference was sponsored by the Iriangle Coalition for Science and Technology Education, a group of 45 national organizations...
- The Effect of Principals' Technological Leadership on Teachers' Technological Literacy and Teaching Effectiveness in Taiwanese Elementary. I-Hua Chang // Journal of Educational Technology & Society;Apr2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p328
The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationships among principals' technological leadership, teachers' technological literacy, and teaching effectiveness. The survey target population consists of 1,000 teachers randomly selected from Taiwanese elementary schools. The survey asked...
- Nevada. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p35
Reports on the delay of the opening of the two elementary schools in Clark County, Nevada due to heavy rains.
- MOLD REMOVAL . Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports that the proceeds from bond issue would not be used to clean the toxic mold in a grade school in Carson City, Nevada. Plans to adopt cleanup program in the school.
- Recess Rundown. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;3/12/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p2
The article focuses on the North Ranch Elementary School in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Boost morale with a mystery board. // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
Shows how Burleon Elementary in El Paso, Texas uses their bulletin board to increase morale within the school.