Darker tones retain their appeal
- sketches of spain craft. // Belle;Dec2004, p25
Focuses on the inspiration of furniture designer Robert Chapman in designing a Tasmanian blackwood dining suite.
- Metal casual dining steps up style points. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p8
Presents trends in metal dining furniture designs by manufacturers in High Point, North Carolina. Use of furniture finishing and upholstery variations; Factors influencing the designs; Assessments of the designs.
- Celebration. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p5
Presents a photograph depicting the Cheltenham and Wimslow dining ranges designed by Frank Hudson.
- The Art of Fine Dining. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2011, Issue 5733, p26
The article looks at the new design trend of dining room furniture in Great Britain. It notes that the dining room area is becoming more of a focus in one's home with consumers looking for furniture that offers more interesting form and features. On the other hand, it features several furniture...
- Standard aims high with Kathy Ireland. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p1
Reports the agreement between Standard Furniture and designer Kathy Ireland on supplies to the Kathy Ireland Home brand of bedroom, dining and occasional furniture in the United States. Schedule of the launch of the program; Invitation of potential business partners; Career profile of Ireland.
- furniture FURNISHINGS. // Real Living;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 50, p196
The article offers suggestion on the best furnishing techniques for decorating a house. One should choose the biggest and the most prominent furniture in the room and start pairing things up to that for example, in the dining room one would choose the table first and then chairs. While thinking...
- Formal dining sources find 2nd time's the charm. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p13
The article reports on the factors contributing to the sales performance of dining room furniture in the U.S. One of the factors that drive orders at market was the abundance of new quick-ship programs. According to a report, the Illinois-based company's domestic product accounts for...
- Dining sets key in consumer's outdoor spaces. // Casual Living;Oct2010, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses consumers' preferences when it comes to outdoor dining furniture. Figures from the 2010 Outdoor Furniture Survey show the percentage of consumers who plan to buy a dining set in 2010 or 2011 and those who are first-time buyers or repeat buyers who are replacing a current...
- BOOMERS ACCOUNT FOR 45% OF DINING SET DOLLARS. Nickell, Stephanie // Casual Living;May2015, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p57
The article discusses findings of the 2015 Casual Living Consumer Buying Trends report. It notes that Baby Boomers in the ages of 51 to 69 comprised one-third of dining set buyers in 2014, while Millenials under the 18-34 age range accounted for 37 percent of buyers. It shows that Baby Boomers...