Trading Standards seize 'non-compliant' sofas
- Flammability course. // Cabinet Maker;06/19/98, Issue 5093, p25
Reports that SATRA Technology Centre is holding a series of one day training courses on furniture flammability. Practical and legislative aspects covered by the course; Roger Marchant as course organizer; Course schedules.
- FR rules face revision. // Furniture/Today;6/25/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that California Governor Jerry Brown has directed state agencies to revise the decades-old upholstered furniture flammability standard of the state. It mentions that however it is not clear whether the reform will do away with the controversial open flame test that in effect...
- Commerce Issues Notice For Flame Standard For Upholstery. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jan73, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on a notice issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce on the subject of ensuring a standard of flammability of upholstered furniture as a safeguard against fire hazards. This has been described by the article as the first step in the direction of a mandatory federal...
- California Moves to Extinguish Furniture Flammability Rule. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2012, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses the amendments which have been made with regard to the fire safety tests of the furniture manufactured in California.
- Flammable seating heats up in states. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Dec1991, Vol. 179 Issue 12, p17
Summarizes the `Furniture Fire Safety Act,' legislation drawn up by the American Furniture Manufacturers Association (AFMA) and aimed at state legislatures. It's based on California's Technical Bulletin 133 (Cal 133), which measures the fire-safety performance of individual pieces of furniture.
- Proposed California rule has 3 new FR tests. // Furniture/Today;7/30/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p16
The article presents information on a draft rule related to the furniture flammability standard in California that requires a major change in testing methods.
- The War on Textile Flammability. Owen, Phil // AATCC Review;Feb2001, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on textile flammability. The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) has several flammability standards that has been changed or updated that will affect the textile industry. The most controversial CPSC prospective new standard is the small open flame ignition of...
- Elk Technologies launches Web site for VeraShield. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the launching of web site by Elk Technologies in Dallas, Texas. Provision of information on VersaShield flame-resistant technology; Compliance to the state and federal mattress safety requirements; Enhancement of customer relations.
- Don't get your fingers burnt. Gay, Allison // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p3
Comments on the flammability regulations set by the South East Trading Standards Authority on imported furniture sold in the South Eastern part of Great Britain. Need to incentivised to adhere to the proper enforcement by the local authorities; Responsibility of the retailer and the importer to...