Recurrent Shoulder Instability: Current Concepts for Evaluation and Management of Glenoid Bone Loss
- Recurrent Shoulder Instability: Current Concepts for Evaluation and Management of Glenoid Bone Loss. Provencher, Matthew T.; Bhatia, Sanjeev; Ghodadra, Neil S.; Grumet, Robert C.; Bach Jr., Bernard R.; Dewing, Christopher B.; LeClere, Lance; Romeo, Anthony A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;2010 Supplement 2, Vol. 92-A, p133
The article presents a research report on the continuing development for the management and evaluation of glenoid bone loss in patient with recurrent instability of the shoulder. The use of three-dimensional computed tomography is considered to be an accurate tool in providing precise assessment...
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of chronic anteroinferior glenoid defect using an autologous tricortical iliac crest bone grafting technique. Scheibel, Markus; Kraus, Natascha; Diederichs, Gerd; Haas, Norbert P. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Nov2008, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p1295
Only a few reports exist on the management of severe anteroinferior glenoid defects in case of recurrent shoulder instability most of them including open approaches. We describe an all-arthroscopic reconstruction technique of the anteroinferior glenoid that includes an autologous iliac crest...
- An atypical aneurysmal bone cyst of the head of the humerus, arthroscopic treatment: a case report. Saccomanni, B. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Nov2008, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p1279
Curettage and bone grafting are the accepted methods of treatment of aneurysmal bone cysts. Unfortunately, recurrence is common. We treated a patient with atypical aneurysmal bone cyst of the head of the humerus that lacked aneurysmal dilatation by arthroscopic curettage without bone grafting....
- Results of Magnuson-stack operation in recurrent anterior shoulder instability. Tabatabaei, Saeid; Khorrami, Mohsen; Arabi, Mirabbas Ahmad; Mousavi, Shahnam // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;Oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p805
Objective: To evaluate the clinical results of Magnuson-stack operation in recurrent anterior shoulder instability Methodology: Twenty-six patients with mean age of 27 years had undergone Magnuson-stack operation from July 2001 to September 2009 with mean follow up of 40 months. The clinical...
- Essential Surgical Technique for Arthroscopic Capsular Release in the Treatment of Shoulder Stiffness. Yang-Soo Kim; Hyo-Jin Lee // Essential Surgical Techniques;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
The article offers step-by-step instructions for surgical technique for arthroscopic capsular release in the treatment of shoulder stiffness.
- CT a potential tool in planning osteochondral talar defect arthroscopy. Houck, Kristine; Press, Robert; Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the results of a study by the group of Christiaan van Bergen that computed tomography (CT) of ankle in full plantar flexion improves preoperative arthroscopic approach for osteochondral talar defects.
- Arthroscopic arthrodesis of the shoulder: Fourteen-year follow-up. Jiménez-Martín, Antonio; Pérez-Hidalgo, Santiago // International Journal of Shoulder Surgery;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p54
Shoulder arthrodesis is indicated in infections, brachial paralysis, irreparable rotator cuff tears, osteoarthritis without indication of prosthesis, rescue after arthroplasty, or after surgery for cancer. Arthroscopic arthrodesis is exceptional. Our aim is presenting our result after 14 years...
- Arthroscopic Posterior Labral Repair and Capsular Shift for Traumatic Unidirectional Recurrent Posterior Subluxation of the Shoulder. Seung-Ho Kim; Kwon-Ick Ha; Park, Jong-Hyuk; Young-Min Kim; Yong-Seuk Lee; Jong-Youl Lee; Jae-Chul Yoo // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 8, p1479
Evaluate the results of arthroscopic treatment of traumatic unidirectional recurrent posterior subluxation of the shoulder. Mean loss of internal rotation; Effectiveness of arthroscopic posterior labral repair and capsular shift in the treatment of traumatic unidirectional recurrent posterior...
- Corrigendum: Risk Factors for Recurrence of Anterior Shoulder Instability after Arthroscopic Surgery with Suture Anchors. // Clinics in Shoulder & Elbow;Sep2016, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p186
A correction to the article "Risk Factors for Recurrence of Anterior Shoulder Instability After Arthroscopic Surgery With Suture Anchors" that was published in a 2016 issue is presented.