The Case Analysis of the Scandal of Enron
- Enron aftershock rolls through wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the impact of the Enron-Arthur Andersen scandal on the wireless industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Results of a survey by the periodical 'RCR Wireless News' on top wireless carriers and vendors; Reasons for changing the company policy of Motorola Inc.; Decision of Lucent...
- Learning From Enron, Andersen's Mistakes. Maxwell, Jason D. // San Diego Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p22A
Discusses the lessons learned from the media coverage of the congressional hearings and investigations of energy company Enron and accounting firm Arthur Andersen. Importance of document retention policies; Destruction of documents; Need for consistent implementation of document retention policy.
- Will the Big Five Go Down One? Kher, Unmesh // Time;3/18/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p26
Speculates about the future of Arthur Andersen, the accounting firm that audited Enron Corporation. Possibility that Andersen will be indicted for involvement in Enron's corrupt accounting practices; Rumor that the firm is facing serious financial problems, including the loss of major clients,...
- THE REAL SCANDAL. Sargent, Mark A. // Commonweal;3/8/2002, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the moral responsibility of the auditors and lawyers involved in the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in the U.S. Background on the role of auditors and lawyers in the collapse of the company; Implications of the failure of legal constraints to prevent the fraudulent activities of Enron's...
- Andersen Caught in Enron Fallout. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- Injustice served. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p10
Looks into the involvement of Arthur Andersen & Co. in the collapse of Enron Corp. Obstruction of information submitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Effect of the Andersen obstruction charges in the trust of clients; Reaction of the public on the verdict; Restoration of the...
- Going Negative. Bumcrot, Christopher // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p10
Discusses issues surrounding the advertising market in the U.S. Impact of recession on the industry; Scandals between Enron Corp. and Arthur Andersen & Co. and among other firms; Concept of the advertisement for International Business Machines Corp. created by Ogilvy & Mather.
- Andersen Convicted. // Practical Accountant;Jul2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
Reports the conviction of auditing firm Arthur Andersen and Co. for obstructing justice in connection with the Enron Corp. scandal. Destruction of the documents of Enron Corp.; Suspension of Arthur Andersen and Co. to practice before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Assessment of...
- Big names, big casualties. Garrett, Paul // Utility Week;1/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Comments on alleged irregularities involving accounting firm Andersen. Case of its client Enron; Rumor over its financial structuring advice to a British utility.