The Case Analysis of the Scandal of Enron
- Enron aftershock rolls through wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the impact of the Enron-Arthur Andersen scandal on the wireless industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Results of a survey by the periodical 'RCR Wireless News' on top wireless carriers and vendors; Reasons for changing the company policy of Motorola Inc.; Decision of Lucent...
- Learning From Enron, Andersen's Mistakes. Maxwell, Jason D. // San Diego Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p22A
Discusses the lessons learned from the media coverage of the congressional hearings and investigations of energy company Enron and accounting firm Arthur Andersen. Importance of document retention policies; Destruction of documents; Need for consistent implementation of document retention policy.
- Will the Big Five Go Down One? Kher, Unmesh // Time;3/18/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p26
Speculates about the future of Arthur Andersen, the accounting firm that audited Enron Corporation. Possibility that Andersen will be indicted for involvement in Enron's corrupt accounting practices; Rumor that the firm is facing serious financial problems, including the loss of major clients,...
- CHANGING LANES VINEYARD CALLING. Andrews, Bruce // BRW;8/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p70
Focuses on Garry Hounsell, Ernst & Young's managing partner for markets and the last executive of Arthur Andersen's Australian operations before the global accounting firm collapsed under the weight of the Enron and HIH Insurance scandals. Vineyards owned by Hounsell; Activities.
- Andersen Caught in Enron Fallout. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- THE REAL SCANDAL. Sargent, Mark A. // Commonweal;3/8/2002, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the moral responsibility of the auditors and lawyers involved in the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in the U.S. Background on the role of auditors and lawyers in the collapse of the company; Implications of the failure of legal constraints to prevent the fraudulent activities of Enron's...
- ENRON Ten Years Later: Lessons to Remember. Catanach Jr., Anthony H.; Ketz, J. Edward // CPA Journal;May2012, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses lessons from the bankruptcy of energy firm Enron in 2002 and the audit failure of accounting firm Arthur Anderson. A background is offered on collapse and bankruptcy of Enron which the authors claim was not a unique case of accounting fraud given the ethical climate at the...
- Dec. 2, 2001: Enron files for bankruptcy. Pusey, Allen // ABA Journal;Dec2014, p1
The article reports on a corporate bankruptcy claim filed by the gas pipeline company Enron on December 2, 2001 following a decline in its stocks. Topics discussed include investment of life savings by Enron's employees in the company's stock, conviction of the accounting firm Arthur Andersen by...
- Going Negative. Bumcrot, Christopher // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/5/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p10
Discusses issues surrounding the advertising market in the U.S. Impact of recession on the industry; Scandals between Enron Corp. and Arthur Andersen & Co. and among other firms; Concept of the advertisement for International Business Machines Corp. created by Ogilvy & Mather.