Improving the quality of care for patients at risk for venous thromboembolism
- Managing missed doses could improve VTE prevention. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p607
The article discusses a report published in the February 26, 2014 edition of the "JAMA Surgery" about the use of anticoagulant prophylaxis in preventing venous thromboembolism (VTE) in hospitalized patients. Topics covered include the important role of pharmacists in hospitals' VTE prevention...
- Safe practice for patients receiving anticoagulant therapy. Lankshear, Annette; Harden, Jane; Simms, Jonathan // Nursing Standard;1/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p47
Venous thrombolembolism, although largely preventable, continues to be a major cause of death in hospitalised patients. The anticoagulant drugs used to prevent and treat this condition require careful and knowlegeable management. Nurses working in acute and community settings have an important...
- Pharmacist prescribing of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in a surgical pre-admission clinic. Hale, A.; Gibbs, H.; Coombes, I.; Collins, R.; Maycock, E.; Nissen, L. // Anaesthesia & Intensive Care;Jul2014, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p519
The article examines the prescription of venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in a surgical pre-admission clinic. Topics include the importance of optimizing a clinician's time, the need for VTE prophylaxis guidelines in surgical units, and Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in...
- Pharmacists benefit from advocacy. // Chain Drug Review;6/7/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p50
The article reports on the role of pharmacists towards achieving effective and quality care for the patients in the U.S.
- Long-term effect of a hospital pay-for-performance programme on mortality in England. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Sep2014, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p491
No abstract available.
- N.Y. patients flock to Greenwich. Stempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/3/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the growing number of Westchester County, New York patients who are going to Greenwich Hospital in Greenwich, Connecticut. Culture of service at the 160-bed community hospital; Recruitment of 200 physicians and increase in hospital staff; Reasons for the increase in Westchester...
- ASHP Therapeutic Position Statement on the Role of Pharmacotherapy in Preventing Venous Thromboembolism in Hospitalized Patients. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2014/2015, p527
The article presents a therapeutic position statement of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), a professional association, on the role of pharmacotherapy in preventing venous thromboembolism (VTE) in hospital patients. Topics discussed include the burden of disease and...
- Using more robust data leads to better outcomes. // OR Manager;7/1/2015, p1
The article focuses on Clifford Ko, director at the division of research and optimal patient care at the American College of Surgeons (ACS) in Chicago, Illinois, who will be a keynote speaker at the 2015 Operating Room (OR) Manager Conference on October 7-9, 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee. It...
- In Reply. Wiegratz, Inka; Thaler, Christian // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;11/11/2011, Vol. 108 Issue 45, p769
A response by I. Wiegratz and C. J. Thaler in a letter to the editor regarding their article "Hormonal contraception: what kind, when, and for whom?" in the 2011 issue is presented.