- GUILT-FREE comfort food. Zacharia, Joy E. // Southern Living;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p156
Offers ideas for preparing healthy comfort food. Planning a menu around fresh vegetables instead of meat; Selection of food from all food groups; Recommended recipes.
- Request Granted. // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p73
The article focuses on the success of the inclusion of Korean barbecue in the Tuesday menu at Harvard University in Massachusetts spearheaded by culinary operations director Martin Breslin.
- Comforting Thoughts. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p48
Gives advice on preparing healthy comfort foods. Favorite comfort foods named by food professionals at a workshop; Factors significant in the whole comfort food area; Examples of comfort food bean dishes that can be easily prepared.
- UP FIRST. Karol, Lawrence // Gourmet;Dec2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p34
The article features the comfort food, French onion soup. This dish is often featured on restaurant menus during the Christmas holidays and is easy to prepare. The key ingredient is patience. The soup requires gradual cooking of the onions, slowly coaxing the sweetness out as they melt and turn...
- HOME STYLE. Harder, Jaime // Restaurant Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p58
Comfort food has been a constant, well, comfort on menus. But with tastes for global cuisine growing broader, once exotic dishes like Pad Thai are now considered just as popular in some quarters as Mom's Meatloaf. Seeking to attract guests, ethnic restaurants are looking to soothe souls with...
- Italian Interpretations. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p80
The article focuses on the trends that define Italian cuisine. Ethnic ingredients associated with cultures are combined with "classic" Italian ones, and cultures are co-mingled in restaurant dishes and traditional comfort foods. Special dinners, unique catered-event menus and the development of...
- Comfort Food. Joz, Liz // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p98
The article features several restaurants in Indiana that serve comfort food. Some of the restaurants that pancakes and waffles include Blackwood's Monon, 3 Sisters Cafe, Just Judy's and Ruth's Keystone Cafe. Several restaurants that offer fried chicken include Marble's Southern, Kopper Kettle...
- Raphael returns with 'Sundown Grill & BBQ'. Phinney, Wil // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the Sundown Grill and BBQ restaurant which will open in Pendleton, Oregon to offer comfort food in a relaxed atmosphere. Owner Raphael Hoffman describes the restaurant as a casual dining with faster service but not fast food. He plans to introduce a menu that will include...
- Nashville's Finest Home Cooking. Frazier, Jennifer McKenzie // Southern Living;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p27
Identifies several restaurants in Nashville that serve southern comfort food. Recommendation to eat at Arnold's Country Kitchen, Loveless Cafe, Sylvan Park Restaurant at Murphy Load and the White Trash Cafe; Patrons; Cuisine and food specialties; Prices; Location; Interior decoration; Service hours.