Comfort with a Twist
- AT PHILADELPHIA UNIV.: CAFE TAKES IN $1K DAILY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the revenue per week of the Tuttleman Cafe of Philadelphia University in Pennsylvania. Food served at the cafe; Description of the cafe; Estimated customers served by the cafe per day.
- broken social zines. Pettinelli, Dara // Print;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p20
Reviews the exhibition "D.I.Y. Revolution: Zines and Underground Publications" at the Design Center in Philadelphia University, Pennsylvania.
- Children of the revolution. Newark, Quentin // Design Week;4/13/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p16
The article reviews several socio-political posters presented at the Graphic Imperative, a traveling exhibition organized by Massachusetts College of Art, held at the Design Center at Philadelphia University in Pennsylvania.
- On the National Menu. Tristano, Darren // Prepared Foods;Apr2011, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p49
The article reports on the results of Technomic consumer research which shows that beef dishes are the most preferred comfort food. It states that consumers are likely thinking of homestyle menus like stews and roasts when thinking about the meat as a comfort food. Due to the strong association...
- Second Fitting. Donohue, Amy // House Beautiful;Oct2002, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p94
Presents information on the former ranch house of socialite Goldie Paley, which serves as the Design Center of Philadelphia University in Pennsylvania. Background of Paley; Information on the textile and fashion collection at the Design Center; Details on the design of the house.
- Students' Designs Capture Prizes. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/17/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 104, p15
The article presents information on the runway fashion show held at Philadelphia University in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania, on May 8, 2010, with television personality Jay McCarroll, as its judge. About twenty students from the university, who were chosen by judges, participated in the show....
- Back to Paradise. Simmons, Sheila // Philadelphia Gay News;3/8/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p2
The article offers information on students from the Philadelphia University who redesigned a structure of neighborhood planning for improved streetscape and lighting, recreational space, environmental impact and sustainability.
- Designer Streetwear on Wheels. Ruyak, Jacqueline // Surface Design Journal;Winter2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on the parade of ten vinyl-wrapped recycling trucks decorated with designs inspired by historic and contemporary textiles in the collection of the Design Center at Philadelphia University in Pennsylvania. The trucks are part of the Design in Motion: The Recycling Truck...
- GUEST LIST. // njbiz;8/4/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p27
Photographs of several attendees in a news conference by Reliance Medical Group, Philadelphia University and the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey held in Atlantic City, New Jersey are presented including doctor Harvey Kesselman, Atlantic City Alliance president Liza Cartmell and Mayor...