Start of a Journey
- Culinary Institute of America. Segawa, Zachary // Teen Ink;Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the author's views on being accepted in the Culinary Institute of America. He describes his love of the culinary arts, his skill in the use of kitchen equipment and his ability as a person. He writes that his enthusiasm and willingness to try new things is his most...
- Boot Camp at the CIA. Exit, Merle // Empty Closet;May2010, Issue 434, p4B
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending the Healthy Cooking course offered by the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in Hyde Park, New York.
- Here comes the sun: Menus shine with hot-weather cuisine. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p46
Highlights the fourth annual Worlds of Flavor Conference in Saint Helena, California. Primary topic; Role of the Culinary Institute of America Greystone; Speech on the difference between European cuisines.
- The other CIA. Hauser, Nao // Bon Appetit;Sep94, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p28
Features the Culinary Institute of America and its training of chefs in the United States. Growth in the basic enrollment; Focus on basic culinary skills; Classes; Remarks by school president Ferdinand E. Metz.
- CIA hosts Bocuse d'Or at Greystone campus. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p236
Reports on the holding of the 1998 Bocuse d'Or World Cuisine Contest at the Culinary Institute of America in napa Valley, California. Founding of the contest for Paul Bocuse; Judges and sponsors of the contest; Holding of the United States finals in May 1998 during the National Restaurant...
- Greystone to host Bocuse d'Or semis. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p63
Reports on the Culinary Institute of America's hosting of the West Coast Regional semifinal of the 1996 Bocuse d'Or U.S.A. on September 22, 1996.
- Come cook with us! // Country Living;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p25
Announces the Country Living Culinary Event held on October 24, 1998 at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in Napa Valley, California. Details on the event.
- Confessions of a pioneer. Stone, Arnie // National Provisioner;Aug2003, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p72
Relates the experiences of the author while sent to the Certified Culinary Sales Program developed by the Culinary Institute of America. Description of the intensive class work and testing; Details of the length of orientation conducted in the program; Conduction of detailed kitchen audit...
- Greystone: Marzipan and the grapes. Michaelides, Stephen // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov95, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p128
Focuses on the New York City-based Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Institute's opening of a branch in Saint Helena, California; High prestige of CIA's culinary education; Allegations on the arrogance of CIA graduates.