Banks Prep $1.75B Energy Acquisition Loan
- Western Coal and Walter Energy update. // Coal International;May/Jun2011, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the approval of the Canada's Minister of Industry, under the Investment Canada Act, on the proposed acquisition of Western Coal Corp. by Walter Energy Inc.
- Walter Energy Plans $1.2B TLB. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;6/10/2013, p21
The article reports on the plan of metallurgical coal producer Walter Energy to issue a 1.2 billion U.S. dollars term loan B led by financial services firm Morgan Stanley.
- Walter Energy Sells $450M in Notes. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/23/2013, p39
The article focuses on the plan of coal producer Walter Energy in Birmingham, Alabama to use proceeds from its offering of 450 million U.S. dollars in 9.5 % senior secured notes due 2019 to repurchase up to 175 million U.S. dollars of its term loan A through a Dutch auction.
- CLOSE COUNTS. Noble, Russell // Canadian Mining Journal;May2011, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the speed of delivery of high-grade metallurgical coal from the mines of Walter Energy Western Coal in northeast British Columbia (NEBC) to steel-making customers in Asia. The location of its mines in Wolverine, Brule, and Willow Creek is the company's primary competitive...
- WALTER ENERGY & WESTERN COAL AGREE TO MERGE. // Coal Age;Dec2010, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p12
The article offers news briefs related to the coal industry of the U.S. It informs about the merger agreement between Walter Energy Inc. and Western Coal Corp. It also announces the approval of Ranger Energy Investments takeover by the shareholders of National Coal Corp. Massey Energy Co. has...
- LOAN SECONDARY ADVANCERS AND DECLINERS. // Leveraged Finance News;5/6/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p11
A chart is presented which provide data on the top 10 loan secondary advancers and decliners in the U.S. for the week ended May 2, 2013 including Frans Bonhomme (4/07) Term Loan b (TLb), IVG Immobilien 9/07 TLB, and Walter Energy (4/11) TLb.
- THE WEEK IN CITY & CORPORATE. // PRWeek (London);5/21/2010, p11
This section offers news briefs related to corporate public relations (PR) in Great Britain as of May 21, 2010 including Louis Capital Markets' hiring of Living PR as its first global retained agency, Western Coal Corp.'s awarding of its retained financial PR account to Buchanan, and...
- Alabama Coal Mine Tragedy. // Professional Safety;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the accident at the Jim Walter Resources Inc.'s Coal Mine Number 5 in Brookwood, Alabama. Number of casualties; Cause of the accident.
- Walter Energy announces Alabama expansions. // Coal International;May/Jun2010, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on the expansion of premium hard coking coal producer Walter Energy Inc. in Alabama.