JPMorgan Sweetens MGM Exit Loan
- Debt deal lets MGM hang on to 'Hobbit'. DiOrio, Carl; Kit, Borys; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;10/2/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 37, p1
The article informs that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.'s (MGM) plan to defer interest payments on its debt for the next three months was endorsed by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.This has given a kind of lifeline to MGM, but in exchange for the deal J.P. Morgan secured a few changes in existing debt terms....
- MGM Scores Hit With $600M B Tranche. // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the success of a term loan B for Metro-Goldwyn Meyer in May 2002.
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;8/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p5
Presents bank loan terms of several corporations as of August 2002, including Silgan Holdings Inc. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
- Jumbo MGM Bank Credit To Supply Dividend To Shareholders. // Bank Loan Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. entered the bank loan market with a 2.4-billion-dollar loan package led by Bank of America and JP Morgan.
- MGM seeks delay. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;5/10/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the move of MGM in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California to seek for a fifth extension on its debt payments in order to support the ongoing effort of the studio to improve its financial position.
- MGM clears crucial test on finances. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;7/16/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 33, p1
The article offers information on the annual audit of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). It is stated that while the company passed the audit successfully, a J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.-led creditors group is still concerned over the company's viability as a going concern. In order to deal with...
- The Lion is left with bidder pill to swallow. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;3/23/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 45, p1
The article presents information on the deals for the sale of Century City studio owned by MGM Media. It informs that Lionsgate Entertainment Corp. has more than 100 debt holders who will stress for a bankruptcy reorganization of the studio. It states that credit facility of MGM with JP Morgan...
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Provides information on companies that availed of bank loans as of January 2001. Brown Shoe Co. Inc.; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios; UCAR International Inc.
- REPORT: $1B MGM FILM FUND DERAILED. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/19/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on a loss posted by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. on its line of credit in the U.S. in 2007. The film studio attributed the loss to the subprime mortgage crises. The finance plan would have funded a slate of theatrical films. A media report revealed that the loss of institutional...