Colleges And Universities Feel The Heat As States See Tax Revenue Fall
- Banging the Bucket. // University Business;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p72
Comments on an article about the issues surrounding financing for higher education in the U.S. Cash-flow problems facing schools; Efficacy of education in improving socioeconomic income; Ways of dealing with education and economic problems.
- States to Study Rising Costs of Higher Education. // Black Issues in Higher Education;7/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the decision of some states in the U.S. to participate in a project to study the rising costs of higher education in the U.S. Goal of the study; Information on the tuition fee increases in Connecticut, as of July 2002; Government agencies that launched the project.
- Cut Across the Grain, Not Across the Board. Freitas, David // Community College Week;7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p4
Discusses the responsibilities of higher-education administrators related to across-the-board budget cuts in colleges in the U.S. Information on the across-the-board plans of colleges; Reason behind the popularity of across-the-board budget cut policies.
- Transforming higher education. Matthews, Dewayne // Educom Review;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p48
Discusses the need for a higher education finance policy in the United States. Lack of resources to fund expansion of the existing base of institutions; Technology as add-on to existing structures; Focus on distance education; Essential realities of the information technologies for higher...
- REGIONAL DIFFERENCES IN THE FINANCE AND PRODUCTION OF COLLEGE EDUCATION. McKean, John R. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec69, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p221
Examines regional differences in the financial and production components of college education in the United States. Economic models for studying the relationship between society and education; Resource allocation to education; Sensitivity of regional economics to educational spending; Supply...
- Same end, different means. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Apr99, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p10
Presents a chart depicting views of professors, administrators, government officials and business leaders on ways to improve higher education in the United States. Educational collaboration; State and federal funding; Application of business approaches.
- College Giving Rises in 2007, but Economic Slump Imperils Future Growth in Donations. Pope, Justin // Community College Week;3/10/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that according to the annual "Voluntary Support of Education" survey by the U.S. Council for Aid to Education, private donations to colleges and universities rose 6.3 percent in 2007 to $29.75 billion. However, due to the economic slowdown that began in fall of 2007, it...
- Facilities and funding issues making news. // American School & University;Jun98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p3
Presents funding issues relevant to schools and universities in the United States as of June 1998. Includes the passing of a record number of local school-construction bonds to address mounting facility needs in California; Missouri voters' approval of a measure allowing districts to sell bonds...
- Report: U.S. Colleges Can Do More to Internationalize Campuses. Lane, Kristina // Community College Week;11/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
Presents a report issued by the American Council on Education on the internalization of campuses at community colleges. Topics covered by the report; Percentage of increase in schools that receive external funding; Discrepancy between the attitudes and behavior of faculty and students.