OCLC Online Computer Library Center Throws Lifeline To NetLibrary As It Files For Bankruptcy
- OCLC netLibrary Purchase Approved, Company To Operate Independently. // Educational Marketer;1/21/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p3
Presents information on the plan of Online Computer Library Center to purchase net Library, a company that converts print textbooks to digital format and sells electronic-books to libraries.
- OCLC Acquires Blackwell's Authority Control Services. // Information Today;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p49
Reports that OCLC of Dublin, Ohio, acquired Blackwell's Authority Control Services business in 1997. How the acquisition will assist in OCLC's efforts to make libraries' cataloging efficient; Contact information.
- OCLC Acquires Assets Of Failing NetLibrary For $10 Million. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p7
Highlights the acquisition deal between Online Computer Library Center Inc. and netLibrary Incorporated.
- OCLC OFFERS TO PURCHASE ASSETS OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plan of Online Computer Library Center to acquire the assets of netLibrary. Value of the deal; Reaction of the library community to the possible acquisition; Problems concerned in the sale of netLibrary.
- QUICK CLICKS. // American Libraries;May2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p34
The article presents information technology-related news briefs. EBSCO has released Points of View Reference Center, a full-text database that provides essays on numerous topics that present multiple sides of issues. Springer has credited Google Book Search with increased sales of its 29,000...
- OCLC snaps up eBook. Jezzard, Helen // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of NetLibrary by the Online Computer Library Centre. Terms of the deal; Information on how NetLibrary's business helped the center's financial problems.
- OCLC Offers to Buy NetLibrary. // American Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the offer to purchase the assets of electronic book distributor NetLibrary by OCLC. Details of the offer; Bankruptcy filing of NetLibrary; How the purchase will benefit OCLC; Need for an approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado.
- OCLC Purchase of netLibrary Assets Finalized. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the sale of netLibrary assets to Online Computer Library Center. Grant of approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado; Outlook for netLibrary operations; Inclusion of the eBook and MetaText divisions in the sale.
- OCLC and RLG Plan to Combine Operations. Eberhart, George M. // American Libraries;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the merger agreement announced on May 3, 2006 between nonprofit library cooperative groups in North America, Research Libraries Group (RLG) and OCLC Online Computer Library Center, which will be effective July 1, 2006. The companies will integrate their products and...